knock/detonation sensor watertight connector

KevinL87tsi

My wiring harness to the knock/detonation sensor was messed up (wires broken) on the wire harness side. I pulled the crimp on blade wire pins (2) out of the connector. The signal wire was still attached but needs to be redone. The wire attached to the shielding i assume for ground, was broken at the pin. So basically i need new crimp on terminals for the watertight connector on the male end.

I cannot find these anywhere.

I went to several auto parts stores and had every guy in the stores confused about what it was, or they had no idea where to get one like it. They showed me their catalog and i was able to find similar watertight connector terminals, but they were either too short or didnt have the same clip.

Does anyone have a part number or supplier who can get these? I will probably buy 25 of em if i find where to buy since these type of connectors are all over the car (slight exaggeration).

Also if anyone has pics of their rewire experiences with the harness on this car, let me know. There are a few other areas that need attention.

Thanks in advance,

Kev

Edited by KevinL87tsi

i ran into a problem like that a couple times., i just ended up doing my best with what i had. i just pulled the old wire from the connector and pried the crimped wire off the male/female connector (which ever was messed up) and rewired/recrimped everything.

it was sort of a hassle..but that was my only option at the time...i still dont know were to get those things from either..maybe radio shack or something.. :confused0024:

Daniel

i ran into a problem like that a couple times., i just ended up doing my best with what i had. i just pulled the old wire from the connector and pried the crimped wire off the male/female connector (which ever was messed up) and rewired/recrimped everything.

it was sort of a hassle..but that was my only option at the time...i still dont know were to get those things from either..maybe radio shack or something.. :confused0024:

Daniel

Now that radioshack sells computers they don't have a 10th the selection they did even 10 years ago. I looked at frys electronics with no luck. About to replace both connectors with something else, but a new knock sensor has the same thing.

It looks like someone already recrimped this terminal... It is smashed