87 CONQUEST TSI

I am going to replace primary and see but how could the car start on secondary and run ad idle fine should not be possiable right?

thats why i was wondering if maybe wiring is wrong.

Are you hooking the Secondary up to the wire that the primary should be hooked up too? Or are you just unhooking the primary? If your hooking the secondary up to where the prim should be then you most likely need to get your primary cleaned. If your not changing the wiring and just unhooking the primary, then you have a bad primary and a leaking secondary.

Are you hooking the Secondary up to the wire that the primary should be hooked up too? Or are you just unhooking the primary? If your hooking the secondary up to where the prim should be then you most likely need to get your primary cleaned. If your not changing the wiring and just unhooking the primary, then you have a bad primary and a leaking secondary.

Yes i am hooking up the secondary with primary wire and vise versa no change and the car runs 12psi on the secondary by it self. soon as i hook up the primary go for another run and its like it is loading up spit spuders soon as i un hook primary runs fine but feels like it needs more fuel.

that makes no sense that it runs better on one injector then with two.

with just the primary hooked up does it run and drive fine like when the secondary is plugged in? i would think a single secondary could possibly run the car by itself, but no way a primary by itself should run it.

with the seconday plugged into its correct plug and the primary in its correct plug, does the car die when you unplug the primary or does the secondary keep it running?

and "feels" like it needs more fuel is not a good answer, the answer you need is "according to my A/F gauge its running lean" you cant FEEL lean from rich. it could also very well be FLOODING itself out, if its going LEAN, it would be followed by a LOUD POP, better known as BACKFIRE.

the car will start and run on a secondary only, hell, mine even idles better. but, don't try going over 2500-3000 rpm...because it will run like shiz. Pop, buck, all kinds of stuff, since its trying to switch over to the secondary injector...which you don't have hooked up.

But, it sounds like your primary may be bad...or...how are the clips? Have you replaced them, and cleaned the prongs on the injector itself? It may be corroded bad enough, to not let it fire.

However, to better assist...

can you explain, in detail, what your car does? Hooked up correctly? When on just the primary? On just the secondary?

Edited by strang3majik

that makes no sense that it runs better on one injector then with two.

with just the primary hooked up does it run and drive fine like when the secondary is plugged in? i would think a single secondary could possibly run the car by itself, but no way a primary by itself should run it.

with the seconday plugged into its correct plug and the primary in its correct plug, does the car die when you unplug the primary or does the secondary keep it running?

and "feels" like it needs more fuel is not a good answer, the answer you need is "according to my A/F gauge its running lean" you cant FEEL lean from rich. it could also very well be FLOODING itself out, if its going LEAN, it would be followed by a LOUD POP, better known as BACKFIRE.

[/quote

The primary does not run the car by it self it will die!

with the primary and secondary pluged in their right spot the car starts to to idel funny and idel drops, unplug primary the cars idel picks up car idels find and drives no hick up or back fire what so ever

The primary does not run the car by it self it will die!

that means your PRIMARY is SHOT, if it can not MAINTAIN idle with JUST the primary then its not working correctly.

have you done a TPS sweep and voltage test? follow up by reseting the ISC.

http://starquest.i-x.net/viewtopic.php?t=907

clean and flow test your injectors, and eliminate the guessing game of wondering if the are working. if they need replaced then the topic can direct you where to find new ones.

http://starquest.i-x.net/viewtopic.php?t=902

and LAST but not LEAST, just take the time, to check and double check CONNECTION, and VACUUM lines to make sure nothing is loose or missing. i literally tore almost my whole motor back down because of a MISS i just couldnt find, right before i was about to pull the head i saw the mistake. i had a 1/4 vac line that was CAPPED off, and somewhere down the road it lost the CAP and caused a major vac leak right on one of the intake runners. it was making the #4 cylinder go really lean. it was a very simple problem, that i just missed cause it was hidden down under the TB. it wasnt until i had removed the TB and other stuff out of the way that i saw the problem and was like DUH!

my point is the problem might not be the injectors, BUT if you follow those links and perform the tests it shows you we can ELIMINATE the injectors themselves as a problem, OR we will find out right away with the testing that they ARE the problem. once we can rule them out, we can move on to what other problems it could be. if we find the problem in the injectors then we dont have to search anymore.

Edited by cyberquest