my g54b build, just starting

Fome

im starting a build to replace the tired 100k stocker and i see no point in building one stock. Im thinking the engine in the car now will last the summer but the clutch is barely starting to slip the head gasket is leaking oil and she doesnt pull hard after 4500. So ill whip out the plastic and call dad in the morning but im doing what i can for now. Ive allready gotten a block from QuikConq and started removing casting flash and the porous cast inside the block and pressed the stock pistons off and polished the rods and have them ready for shot peening and resizing.

Im planning a build with about 400 WHP as a goal. im gonna use a magna head and intake and MS II to handle fuel mixing dueties. Still tossing around the thought weather or not i want to do 1mm oversized valves. i am gonna get heavy duty springs and build a head good if i can find an m6 or m7 if not ill get a manrel head from dad.

here are some pics of what im done so far

ground the casting flash and porous cast off the block

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/fomes9282/DSC00242.jpg

rods ready to be shot peened and resized

http://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt331/fomes9282/DSC00240.jpg

any tips or pointer from anyone would be greatful too

Edited by Fome

Make sure you install the rods the right way. As long as you're doing that kind of stuff to the block, take all the sharp corners off it (not on bearing surfaces or cylinder walls, but anywhere else where it's not critical, you can do a couple different angles on the edges.

Don't paint it red again.

Edited by Technology

got that allready all edges are slightly rounded but the critical ones you said. gonna order the pistons from Dad in the morning and everything is off to the machine shop

and dont worrie about the red i want it to "look" stock

Edited by Fome

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget to lighten & balance that 240mm wheel ;)

Make sure you deck the block so that its seals right.

Read up on Indiana's b2600turbo.com for more pointers...he's got some very helpful info on that site.

Edited by DieHARDmitsu.