89 Figi Auto, 78000 mile, Stock..... SOLD !! .......

Guest Kenmarrow

Guest Kenmarrow
OK all, I am putting this out there, I bought this about 10 months ago.. I got the car from a non SQC member in Charlotte NC. The car had been parked and covered for nearly 14 years, still had Arkansas plates on it from 94 and it needed a lot of attention. Overall condition is great, the original paint still looks good, the black interior is perfect with just front seat puckers that plague these cars. The engine runs great and is orginal unmolested, the automatic tranny seems to shift and operate normal. I have been very busy on it replacing and repairing anything I can find. I will provide a list of all parts replaced to anyone who is interested. I am not wanting to sell it but I have my 83 Mitsu and a 69 Nova that need my attention and the F150, wife's Hunduh and my Camery DD. I am asking 4000 for this 89 Figi Auto. Car runs great and looks pretty good too. Here's a link to Pics.

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd65/Ke...i%20TSI%20Auto/

I am listing things I have done and things that need to be done to the car.

1. The car is original, unmolested, if it came with it it still has it.

2. Paint is original, and it has a few flaws mostly on the bibb looks like sand damage.

3. The car was said to be from and had tags from Arizona.

4. Rust is not a problem anywhere behind the engine compartment, the front bumper frame and under the Master brake cylinder had some rust which I have cleaned up and repainted.

The air pans under motor also had surface rust.. The problem was that the car sat under a tarp for too many years, not a good thing to do. Anyone that gets this car will find other little things like bolts that are rusty. I have cleaned up most of the rusty stuff, it was all cosmetic surface rust. The fender wells and body panels are rust free.

5. I have replaced the following items

A. Master Brake Cylinder

B. Both Fuel Injectors with new clips on one

C. Fuel Pump

D. Fuel Filters

E. Exhaust Manifold Gasket

F. Front brakes with rotors turned

G. Rear brakes with rotors turned

H. Valve Cover gasket

I. Throttle Body Gasket

J. ISP / MPS replaced and reset

K. TPS sweep tested good reset.

L. Fog light bulbs

M. Reworked the Power Antenna, it works but has a clicking noise still?

N. It Has SHP Wheels that I have cleaned and polished out.

O. Front Tires brand new

P. Rear Tires have good tread, but also has some dry rot.

Q. Front wheel bearings repacked

R. The brake system has been completely bled out.

S. The interior is in great shape, just has front seat puckers that plague these cars. Has "Conquest" Floor Mats

T. Distributor Cap , Rotor and Spark plugs

U. The gas tank was pull out and cleaned, it was gummed up and rusty inside.. I have installed a fuel filter before the fuel pump and removed the inline cone filter.

V. Transmission filter and fluids changed

W. Differential fluids changed

X. Power Steering bled and fluids changed, Pitman arm lower seal replaced

Y. The front Cat has been gutted, not by me.

Z. OH yea replaced the little water hoses on the backside of intake manifold.

A1. Cooling system flushed and refilled.

A2. Replaced rear brake calipers in Jun

OK I quit as you can tell there's a lot of work been done to this car. It is ready to ride and it moves well. Boost goes to 10+ on stock system. It still gets a lot of attention when I drive it.. If I tried to include my work in the price of this car I would never be able to sell it.. I do not want to sell it, but the other cars are needing my attention and I have too many anyways...

Let me know what ya think... Thanx Ken

• 2 weeks later...
The car has been sold.,, The new owner may let you all know about it... but until then Mums the word...

:driving: 4k miles in 4 days.... Home safe and sound. Haven't gotten it down off the trailer yet, going to eat breakfast first.

Stopped by and saw David in TX and picked up a PRISTINE fuel tank.

Will email you with some other information as well.

Thanks for everything Ken... really enjoyed meeting you!

Guess I'm going to have to change my signature block...

The Palermo Grey is gone...

The Fiji Blue is home...

AzQuest?

Edited by AzStar

:driving: 4k miles in 4 days.... Home safe and sound. Haven't gotten it down off the trailer yet, going to eat breakfast first.

The Fiji Blue is home...

AzQuest?

If Ida known you was coming this way you could have brought me a car from AZ. Could've made some fuel $$, at the least. :D

L4S

Guest Kenmarrow

The Fiji Blue is home...

AzQuest?

well I am so glad to hear that your trip was uneventfull... Kevin enjoy the car and LMK if you need anything.. I do not think the car could have gone to a better home...

Peace Ken

If Ida known you was coming this way you could have brought me a car from AZ. Could've made some fuel $$, at the least. :D

L4S

Shame we didn't know... I'd have thrown one up on the trailer and dragged it out there...

What car do you have out here?

Damn, I sell my gold coins so I can get this car, then on wed I finally got my backpay and my stepdad dies so I loan my Mom the money to pay for funeral expenses until insurance reimburses her and we buried him on friday. Somehow Keni do not think I was suppose to get your car. Glad it went to a good home.

Well I will wait until Rockville gets home and look at his or find me a MPI car. was going to PF but haad tocancel due to funeral. Hope you all have a good time.

Happy 4th. Gary