dist for 92 mits. mighty max/d-50

pure_insanity

anyone have a dist for a 92 efi mighty max or d-50? my crank angle sensor died in mine and a new dist is expensive. apparently its not sold seperately so you have to buy a whole new dist. anyone got one laying around used thats in a known good working order? thanks.

2.4?????

wat was the condition,,when it died?? how did it run??or did it even run?

i might have one,,depending on motor

bryen

yes it ran, right up till the moment it died. i actually thought i had ran it out of gas as it was pretty low. i pulled off from a 4 way stop and got about 200 ft and it bogged, then caught up then bogged again like it was running out of gas. when i got gas in it, it wouldnt fire up. tried to pour some in the intake and it wouldnt fire. tried ether and it wouldnt fire. pulled the plugs to find them dry as could be which tells me the injecotrs werent firing after multiple sessions of trying to crank it. the CAS is what tells the injectors to fire, and its inside the dist. and is not sold seperately.

my truck is a 92 mighty max with a 4g64 EFI. let me know what you have and if its the same one what do you need for it? and is it a known good condition?

yea,, i have a 91 4g64,efi,,,,,mine runs but doesnt run great,,,it only has 103000,,on the truck

its accually still in the truck,,,accually been driving lately...

been thinkin of swaping the 2.6 turbo into it ,,that would get rid of my electical issues with the 4g64

im think the ecu and air flow sensor are bad...or one of them

so im thinkin my dizzy is fine,,not 100% sure,,but thinkin so

you have a uncut quest engine harness laying around????

no i sure dont. wish i did but........... you do know the ecu will self diagnose in most cases dont you? of course its not correct as it didnt tell me that the cas was dead and there is even a code for it. you gotta love the early obd stuff, kinda works and kinda dont.

since you got one that has issues and dont know for sure where the issues come from, id rather not take a chance on it. i think its best to get a new one and be done. also go check over at mightyd50.com, you may find a few useable items over there.

yea im pulling a feul pump code,,,,but the haynes manual that i have doesnt tell me wat to do

i have good feul pressure ,with and without the feul regulator

its a new feul pump...

if you thro a air flow sensor code,,,the manual says to check this or test that,,,

but says nothing about the feul pump code

arrgg

yea im pulling a feul pump code,,,,but the haynes manual that i have doesnt tell me wat to do

i have good feul pressure ,with and without the feul regulator

its a new feul pump...

if you thro a air flow sensor code,,,the manual says to check this or test that,,,

but says nothing about the feul pump code

arrgg

find the grounds for the fuel pump. i just dealt with a nissan p/u that had a fuel pump issue and it turned out to be grounds werent so good. gave it a new ground and it cleared right up.