ROB J. AKA "GEARHEAD"/"RAMAIRRESEARCH"

89turbo2.5

I am from the turbododge.com message board and wanted to warn everyone on this board not to do business with Rob J. in Wasau WI.  I saw he has three screen names here, both "Gearhead" and "Gearheads"as well as "Ramairresearch".  I did a deal with him for some turbododge parts, he never sent the parts he promised, then proceeded to steal injectors, fuel rail and wiring harnes from the intake I sent to him.  I just dont want anyone else to get burnt by this guy so please be careful!

To the moderators, please do not remove this post. I have all emails from this transaction to verify my story.  True I did just register on this site, I do not have a starquest vechicle so I had no reason to register before, I only registered here to warn members on this site of this person so no one else would get screwed by him like I did. Bottom line is I sent Rob the items I promised, he never sent the items he promised.  When he finally did return my intake set-up, he had removed the injectors, fuel rail and wiring harness.  I never recieved one red cent from Rob nor did I ever recieve back the parts he stole from me.  Just because he had one good dealing with another member does not mean he didn't steal from me.  I can provide emails from our transaction if anyone would like proof of what went on.  Yes I am from turbo dodge as I stated before, but did not even know the moderators of that board unitl I contacted them on this matter.  Anyone can feel free to contact me if they wish on if they have any questions. Tyler

Rob, why do you keep saying you sent me money?Why do you keep saying you sent the intercooler? Why do you continue to lie? I never recieved any money just as I never recieved the intercooler you said you sent. I would like to see a copy of the supposed USPS reciept you have to MY address, since you've already admitted to me you supposedly sent it to the wrong address in colorado when I live in nevada. I would also love to see a copy of this mysterious check you supposedly sent to me. I also have a UPS reciept showing the tracking number of the package I sent showing the items contained in the package, and it clearly states I sent you a COMPLETE intake setup and was insured to $200.  I told you several times that I wanted the fuel rail and injectors, and you never sent them. Why all of a suden when I post on two message boards about you being a thief do you all of a sudden say you'll send them? I'm not going to call you or email you, I've tried that in the past and it didn't work. Honestly I couldn't care less now about the parts, I just want to make sure you dont screw anyone else.  Face it, you tried to screw me and figured I would forget about it and go away, and now you're pissed because I called you on it in public which will prevent you from scamming other people on this board and on turbododge.com, why else would you change your screen name on both sites. If you were so proud of your "reputation" why would you try to hide it?

TYLER and ROB - Please Please Time-Out on the ACRIMONY 'TIL YOU READ THIS

I am a happy customer of Rob J. I have found him to be attentive and honorable doing exactly what he said he would do. I have been drawn into this without wanting to be! OK - everybody has been screwed by someone sometime (me, too). Not all these events are with malicious intent.

GENTLEMEN: I PROPOSE THE FOLLOWING COURSE TO REPAIR SOME OF THE DAMAGE (because 2 persons have perceived injuries right now)

1a. Please Tyler, take Rob's challenge. Contact him directly, and specify want you want from him now. No More no Less! Calling a person a thief is pretty strong. Please don't start a new spitting match, and don't argue about the past. If you don't want anything , then I guess I have nothing to contribute.

1b. Please Rob, hear Tyler's new simple, plain language request. And stay cool, just hear what he wants now. Don't argue about the past!

2a. Please Tyler, if Rob delivers, just clearly say so here. No more, no less.

If Rob does not deliver in a reasonable time from request, say so here. No more no less.

2b. Please Rob, if Tyler acknowledges receipt of the goods, just recognize his acknowledgement no more no less.

If Tyler does not receive in reasonable time, you connect the dots.

3a. Please Tyler. If Rob delivers in reasonable time from new request, please post that statement also on your home board and let us know. No more no less.  

If not, you are reasonably entitled to let complaint stand - there.

If this works out, I am prepared to ask the moderator to delete it after 2 weeks. If not the moderator will do what he needs to!

Fair? - I don't have the wisdom of Solomon, but I'd like it to be better, NOT BEST, JUST BETTER, for us. - Andy

Thank you both for the replies, especially APALMER on the insight on the resolution.  So let me ask your opinion if I may, My problem here is that I have contacted Rob several times by phone and numerous times by email over a course of almost 3 months, and with no results.  That is why I took the action of posting here and on my home message board.  I agree to the proposal 100% that if I recieve what is mine I will acknowledge that here and on Turbododge.com.  But let me ask you what you think is fair.  Our original agreement was for me to send the complete intake set-up and Rob would send me a starion intercooler.  Rob agreed and I turned down several other offers to take the deal,  I came across several other good deals on intercoolers but turned them down because I was led to believe I had one on the way. After over a month and a half of various reasons from Rob of why I had not recieved the intercooler, I finally decided to count my losses and start looking other places. At that time Rob agreed to send my intake setup back, and I found a buyer for it, and also another intercooler.  But when I recieved my intake back it was missing the injectors, fuel rail and wiring harness, which caused me to lose the sale and also loose the intercooler I wanted to buy.  So I ask you, do you think I should recieve the intercooler I was originally promised(and promptly return the intake to Rob), or should I settle for the pieces missing from my intake and a check reimbursing me for my shipping cost, as also promised by Rob? I will leave this up to you guys as to what you believe is fair, with no argument on my part.  If Rob agrees to it, and I recieve the product we agree upon in a reasonable amount of time, I will post on both forums that the deal has been settled to the satisfaction of both parties. Otherwise I feel the post shall stand and the moderators can deal with it how they see fit.

I never disrespected your children in any manner. You told me your kids had misplaced the tracking numbers as well as my address, and I said I thought it was pretty crappy that you were blaming your children for the situation. I apologized to you for that statement in an email to you.  I just wanted to get that straight, I do not know your children and have absolutely no reason to disrespect them. I recieved your pm, and I'll respond to it, hopefully we can work it out from there.  Like I stated before, I will post on both forums if the deal is completed like we agree.

To any and all who have read this post or have considered doing business with (Rob) "Ramairresearch".  Through PMs and email I tried to work out a deal with Rob to resolve this mess.  I agreed that if he sent me the injectors(33#), fuel rail, wiring harness, and a money order for $25 dollars to cover my original shipping cost, and I recieved the package by march 14 I would retract this post and make it known that Rob made good on the deal.  Rob originally agreed to this deal, then when it came time to send the parts like he promised, he once again backed out of the deal, stating he would not send anything until a retraction was posted. I told him that was unacceptable and was not what we had agreed upon. I have a feeling once I posted a retraction I would once again get stiffed on the parts Rob promised.  Rob has now also stated the he is going to bring legal action against me for slander and loss of business.  Some of you have stated that calling Rob a thief was a little harsh, I agree that calling someone a thief is not something that should be taken lightly, but Rob never delivered the part he promised, then took the parts he wanted off my intake and sent back my property missing several vital parts.  In my book taking something that is not yours without permission, or paying for it is theft, plain and simple.  So if you are even considering doing business with Rob please take these post as a warning to not do so, he did not deliver product as he promised, stole parts from me, and now wants to sue me for taking action to recover what is mine, sound like someone you want to do business with?

tyler i was willing to send you your stuff,I did not take what i wanted(a set of 15.00 used injectors)I WAS WILLING,but i am not willing to bend over again with this situation,we conversed and decieded to settle this,I lost a potential deal over this and told Tyler to post his retraction about being a THIEF,I AM NOT,i said he should do this when he recieved the tracking numbers,we have had members involved in this ordeal from the start for both our benefits but Tyler wants to blackmale and play GOD,im sorry this does not happen in the real world,childrens  games dont play out that way,[glow=red,2,300]Anyone past or present members of starquestclub or anywhere please post any bad transaction that you have had with me!!!!!!!![/glow]

I doubt there will be any posted,WHY??? because there are not any to post!!!!

I have lost as much and even more then TYler has and was willing to make him happy I only asked Tyler 1 condition after looseing a potential deal and that was to post the retraction and the truth about what really happened,and that was this was a misunderstanding and alot of miscommunication on both our parts,i am as guilty as Tyler is in that sense,i didnt bother to contact him when i had a problem just as he didnt contact me ,but I didnt go and post blatent out right LIES about him,i figured we were both going to leave it where it was,but assumeing things caused this simple situation to get way out of control!that i am guilty of the wrong assumption

i am sorry if all this has caused any members uncomfort or worries about makeing deals with me or any MEMBERS,im not here to screw people and i havent,im here because i love Starquests and all autos for that fact and wanted to share my knowledge and resources with others

as i have stated the items and the 25.00 are waiting to be shipped but i will not be the only 1 in this situation to make all the effort ,he is out 15 dollar items and 25.00 cash i am out of alot more then that,i have long term customers that are questioning my ethics now,if i didnt send the items he could easily repost this,CORRECT?

I do not think what i asked Tyler to do ,to help restore my rep was to much over a battle of the Prides

this should be a give and take situation i think,im willing to give but i am recieveing nothing ,not even any consideration over what i have been acused of or put through in this matter

So again i apologize to anyone distressed over this,or unfairly brought into this especially Andrew Palmer APALMER,and Jereme ADI2UDE,thank you Guys i apreciate your comments and effort in all this,but sometimes you cant make everyone happy

thanks

Robert Janas,

THE OFFER STILL STANDS!!!!

No the offer still doesn't stand, everytime I make a deal with you, you back out of it. I never agreed to make a retraction when I got tracking numbers, I agreed to make a retraction when the parts and a money order were in my hands.  You say this deal is give and take, thats true, I give you parts and you take them. I started this whole deal on your terms and it screwed me, and when I tried to make a deal on my terms you couldn't handle it and backed out because there was no way for you to screw me. Yes you are a thief, did I give you permission to take the parts? NO, did you pay for the parts? NO, any law enforcement agent or court in this country will agree with that being theft. This doesn't happen in the real world you say? I think this is the real world and you cant deal with it, makes me wonder how many people you've scammed and they just let it go because they didn't want to deal with you and your hostile treatment. The only miscommunication was on your part, if thats what you want to call it, I was in constant contact with you concerning this, provided all tracking numbers and address, all you provided was excuses and stories on why I didn't have any parts. I contacted you several times by phone to inquire about my parts only to be fed more stories, funny how you took several days to reply to my emails then, but now that you are losing business you have no problem contacting me 3-4 times a day. So what if you've had some good deals in the past, doestn't mean you didn't screw me, I'm sure you saw you could take advantage of me being on the other side of the country and being trusting enough to send my parts first without recieving anything from you.  I tried to make a deal with you to resolve this and you continued to degrade me and threaten me with both physical harm and legal actions, so as far as I'm concerned you can keep the injectors (which I'm sure you never had any intention of sending or sold a long time ago) and the money. I will not post a retraction and this post can stand for all to see as a warning not to do business with you.  You brought this upon yourself in your arrogance and decieving ways and now you will have to suffer the consequences.  To the members of this board, sorry you had to see this, several of you have written me in support and that is greatly appreciated, you seem like a great group of people and sorry to bring this mess to your fine forum, but if it keeps at least one of your members from getting mistreated I believe its worth it.

Well seems Rob has removed all his post except for his last, so if anyone stumbles on this thread later, I wasn't just talking to myself this whole time,  ;).  This will be my last post on this matter, an agreement cannot be made on the matter so I see no reason to carry on the thread any longer. So please be warned of this member if you are considering a business deal with him. I would like to commend the moderators for a fine forum, and I will continue to be a member here just for the excellent tech knowledge that can be found, plus I have met a few great people here through this whole mess ( guess every cloud does have its silver lining!). Rob you can continue to post whatever you want, but know I will not respond to any of it.  Thanks to all!

i removed all my posts because i said things out of anger and wanted to state just the last reply,a spitting game will get this no where,i would like to settle this and get on with things ,and as for altering the arrangement tyes i did i asked for the retraction so no farther damage would be done,because when it would have all been done and over there would have been to much to read and most would not have read all of it and understood it all,so yes i replied to all of this but i think my previous statement was the simplest way to deal with this that way we both were finished with it and all would have seen it

so whatever you want Tyler,im suppose to trust you to makle a retraction after you get everything?is that your idea of give and take?give and ill get around to it later,this way i have some damage control,waiting i have no way of knowing what will happen,all you would have had to do is open a box!! and cash a money order after recieveing a tracking number,hell you work for ups they could look inside when imther ans see what was in it when i sent it,you say you have so much juice there why dont you do that???to easy?/?or were you just going to leave all you acusations and go on your happy way?