Wanted; Stock TSi muffler, clean, no rust or damage

DomJoseph

Post on nwstarquest.com Pretty sure there's quite a few people who have taken off their exhaust, and they'd be local.

Hehe... mine was falling apart on my 86.

Actually... there is another 86 in my shop right now that has the stock exhaust... I'll have to inspect it for you, pretty sure the owner would sell it.

-Robert

I have a brand new factory rear section; (over the axle pipe/muffler/tips) sitting on the shelf.

I have to look at the paperwork to see what I paid for it, as I have had it for a few years.

Great. New old stock! Where is it and how much $$ ??

I'm in Portland Oregon, shipping might be expensive but I don't care at this point.

I was trying to get my exhaust people to graft on a Magnaflow 14815 oval SS muffler with dual tips to replicate the original, but it's an odd fit and I don't want my car to sound like some ricer Civic.

Please get back to me, I'm seriously interested. Thanks!

Post on nwstarquest.com Pretty sure there's quite a few people who have taken off their exhaust, and they'd be local.

Hehe... mine was falling apart on my 86.

Actually... there is another 86 in my shop right now that has the stock exhaust... I'll have to inspect it for you, pretty sure the owner would sell it.

-Robert

Whatever you can do, I'd greatly appreciate it. Dom

$ 223.51 is what paid for the NOS muffler assy.

Well, I'd say that's about right. I bought one new about 12 years ago for my 'Quest, and I think that's around what I paid for it.

Next question; Do you want to sell it? How good are you at packaging, and where will this be shipped from?

I'll be happy to pay your asking price plus freight.

I'll sell it, I'm in New Jersey. I need to think about how it could be shipped without it getting destroyed.

On Tuesday I will ask the guy in the shipping dept at work what he thinks... and get back to you.

I'll sell it, I'm in New Jersey. I need to think about how it could be shipped without it getting destroyed.

On Tuesday I will ask the guy in the shipping dept at work what he thinks... and get back to you.

Great. I'll wait to hear from you.

Meanwhile, let me know how you'd like to get paid. I truly hate Paypal since they did absolutely nothing about some fraudulent activity on my (former) account. However, I can get you a cashier's check or money order drawn on my local bank or whatever you'd feel comfortable with.

This isn't going on a "show" car, but my nice, clean and very stock 1986 TSi that I've owned since new.

Still, I want to make sure that there are no dents, dings, or scrapes on the unit when it gets here.

I once ordered a performance exhaust for my '94 3000 GT VR4, and the box came to my door with the muffler's tips poking out of the box, totally trashed, like someone dragged them several miles on asphalt.

Yep, same thing happened to me when I received a magnaflow cat back for my R32 (the tips were sticking out of the box and ground up on the edges). I don't want that to happen. I currently have a 12,000 mile 88SHP Tsi in Fiji blue. I bought this exhaust for an 87 Rio Red that I just sold, so I can let the exhaust go. The fiji doesn't need it... I was planning to rebuild the 87 (that I have owned since 96) when I came across this 88 fiji so I have a basement full of NOS parts that I have been collecting for the past 12 years and i am begining to sell off. Usually, I like Paypal but i guess a postal money order is ok. PM me your email and i will send you a picture of the exhaust.

Yep, same thing happened to me when I received a magnaflow cat back for my R32 (the tips were sticking out of the box and ground up on the edges). I don't want that to happen. I currently have a 12,000 mile 88SHP Tsi in Fiji blue. I bought this exhaust for an 87 Rio Red that I just sold, so I can let the exhaust go. The fiji doesn't need it... I was planning to rebuild the 87 (that I have owned since 96) when I came across this 88 fiji so I have a basement full of NOS parts that I have been collecting for the past 12 years and i am begining to sell off. Usually, I like Paypal but i guess a postal money order is ok. PM me your email and i will send you a picture of the exhaust.

PM sent, thanks so much for your help! Dom

Dude! I just cut my exhaust in half and tossed it in the recycing dumpster today. It had an aftermarket 2.5" catalytic converter. The front section was 2.5" and the rear section was stock and in good condition with a great muffler/chrome tips on it.

I would have given it to you for shipping!