Turbo Upgrade?

Guest c89zx7r

Guest c89zx7r
If i take a 87-89 starquest turbo . remove the compressor housing and wheel . get the housing bored out to fit a ( Garret 60-1 wheel ) . which is the upgrade for the t3-to4 turbo . what kind of turbo would i have ? any flow specs ?

Majestic turbo carryies the biggest compressor wheel to fit the stock housing. Its a -22(to4). THATS WHAT I HAVE. flow and performance will outflow a 18G but smaller than a 20G.   ;D che k them out or call them....

just curious about this upgrade you had done cause i am thinking of going either the 16g (special one or something) or 18C or G turbo when i get mine and start the engine build.

now the one you had done what was the cost on it? If you dont mind my asking. About how much, if any lag is there with this unit.  Are there any manifold mods required, and lastly what kind of wastegate and boost controller are you running?

im trying to get all the info i can before i get one and start the engine build on it.

i want to do this one right the first time and be done with it.

so gotta get them little duckies all in a row..

ya know?

Thanks

Me

never doubt the abilty of the determined ant...

I've run a small16g and it's a fine turbo. All spin and hop through the 1st 2 gears. Now I'm using a 19c which is requiring the use of an SDS EIC 2 additional injectors. I expect to spin into 3rd gear. Since I don't expect to race the car the wheel spin is not of paramount concern though I would like to lessen it. Turbo lag is non-existant from a dead stop though I must be in the proper gear to eliminate lag while moving which means keep rpm's up around 3000 for quick response.

There is lil lag but .... I bet you'll feel the punch, it just want to keep going and going and going! I paid around $600(done to my stock turbo). If you want to make good street HP gains go with what I have(Majestic Turbo), or go with 18G.  20G and up you'll feel more lag from turbo.

They told me the compressor is for  Grand Nationals.