1968 Charger Resto

strang3majik

If any of y'all feel like watching a video of a pic slideshow of my Dad's 1968 Dodge Charger R/T...you're welcome to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhtELzq2Ksw

A lot of hours went into that car...video too (I have no life...lol)

Both turned out pretty good. Near the end you can see the Barracuda that will be the next project...mine :)

you can even watch in HD :) at least full screen though or you cant really see everything too well.

Edited by strang3majik

I hate you for having such a cool dad!

I love you both for keeping the faith!

Mopar or No-Car

That was a very cool vid. Better make some trophy room. Will you be at Carlyle for the Mopar Nats?

the ol girl used to go every year...but, now, being 1200 miles away...probably not...lol

less you wanna help with some gas money :)

But, yes, very fun...most of the time, project. And, to be honest, he let me drive, and, Im scared to get on it, I may scratch it...lol

However, it was his high school car, so, he's not scared, by no means :hmm3grin2orange: :driving:

Once I finish the Cuda...there will be a similair video. And, someday, the/a Quest...same thing...lol

Wow tell us more about the Cuda. My second favorite mopar (After that Charger ).

I bet your dad got mad play having a charger in Highschool (How I met your mom II).. Hahaha. (no offense its all jokes!)

More audio of the motor please ... Make a mp3 and I can program my alarm clock to play it . Be cool to wake up to (Starter sound..... VRUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOMMMMMMMM blap blap blap blappy blap blap blap blappy)

Wow tell us more about the Cuda. My second favorite mopar (After that Charger ).

I bet your dad got mad play having a charger in Highschool (How I met your mom II).. Hahaha. (no offense its all jokes!)

More audio of the motor please ... Make a mp3 and I can program my alarm clock to play it . Be cool to wake up to (Starter sound..... VRUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOMMMMMMMM blap blap blap blappy blap blap blap blappy)

i try no to think about that and am glad it now has new seat covers...lol

But, as far as the Barracuda...1968, convertible, gold w/ black top and black interior. 318 w/ a 904 tranny and a 7-1/4 POS rear. a stock VTECh could break a 7.25...lol thats for now...but, I have a 360 with all new besides crank and block, crank was trued, bored .30 over with 10.75:1 flat top pistons, swirl port 360 heads (better than X and J heads, but impossible to find :)) and a 340 6 pack cam...and some other goodies that havent been gotten yet ;)

Also, an A833 4 speed sitting in the corner...and we're building a Dana 60 like we did for the charger.

and here is the best pic I have at the moment. Needs quarters and floors, potentially both fenders if we can find them. Already have a new front valance. Trunk floor is unbelievably perfect. Factory paint still has a shine on the trunk floor.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t134/d0d63r4m/cuda2.jpg

and as far as the .mp3 I have one somewhere...but dont know how to upload it...newly installed mini starter sound and all...lol

Edited by strang3majik

• 2 weeks later...
That's pretty sweet I have always liked the Chargers, I just found one that's almost the miniature of one.

thanks...haha

Yeah...Im the A-body guy...my dads the B-body one.

So, I have the Barracuda...and parked next to the Charger in the garage, its about 2 foot shorter...lol

Mopar FTW!

and Dcrasta...no air bag suspension...lol Its going to look pretty much stock when Im done, just going to be a lot healthier, and have some 8" gold steelies out back, and 6.5" steelies up front....complete with the dog dish hub caps.

If you squint hard under the fuse box in the back of the garage...you can see the air cleaner. Beneath it lie my 360...all painted up, and ready to drop in :)

a833 4 speed underneath the car (which is now on jackstands)