HELP!87 quest not running right

bootsoldja

i hav a 87 quest automatic.it fires right up and revs fine but when i try to get on the road as soon as i put a load on it starts to sputter and wont rev??????

any sugestions :confused0024:

I had an automatic do that once. Think it was the TPS. Search the faq and try to set it. In the process you'll be able to sweep test it and see if there's a dead spot.

Common problem with a multitude of fixes.

Clogged fuel filters, clogged injectors, partially corroded injector clips or injector terminals, fouled plugs, old plug wires, old coil etc...

i have change the filter ijector clips and cleaned injectors but not flow tesited just visual but i havnt change pkug wires and cap and rotor. i also checked the tps and found correct voltage but sisnt test full spectrum of throttle thanx for the help

well i finnaly got it on a lift and found a new fuel pump along with 2 nuts holding the tank in place. and i swear a meth head got a hold of this thing because the wiring is just fecked up so now i have to go thru the whole thing i changed the fusible links beacuase one of them was really hot assuming short some were then i looked under the dash and found all kinds of crap cut and spliced with wire that goes nowere my seatbelts also dont work so i am guessing they fried the etacs??? or maybe relay??? but i have power to connections at motor and both ends of track???any ideas??