3000 gt motor??

a 3000 GT..3000 GT's just got in my way when i was coming back home from Moroso..my friend and i coming from moroso speedway doing like about 115 came across a 3000GT and do you know what he did ..yea he slowed us down because he just got inbetween me and my friend my friend driving a VW corrado..we got around him and lost him ..all the in and out of traffic trying to move around this guy brought the cops attention and guess who they cought..yea that fast a** 3000 GT VR4..jsut thought i would point this out..go with the supra twin turbo conversion..much cleaner and nicer to work with..sorry my 2cents

a 3000 GT..3000 GT's just got in my way when i was coming back home from Moroso..my friend and i coming from moroso speedway doing like about 115 came across a 3000GT and do you know what he did ..yea he slowed us down because he just got inbetween me and my friend my friend driving a VW corrado..we got around him and lost him ..all the in and out of traffic trying to move around this guy brought the cops attention and guess who they cought..yea that fast a** 3000 GT VR4..jsut thought i would point this out..go with the supra twin turbo conversion..much cleaner and nicer to work with..sorry my 2cents

115? I see that top of 3rd  ;)

just my .02

• 2 weeks later...
;D ;Ddont get me wrong i think the motor in a 3000GT is a nice motor..but i also belive that the motor in a quest could be brought out nicely also..with and intake from aussi with the multi port injectors and a nice 20 G turbo, you know forged all around ..that could be a nice quest..i dont think putting a 3000 GT motor in a quest is called for unless you dont have a quest motor and you have alot of time to do the change over..i would not do it..i have seen 3000GT motors in starions, 300ZX twin turbo motors in starions and V8's in starions..but these things take time and money..i dont think i would get a 3000 GT motor and just drop it in ..i would crack it open and change everything in the motor so i know that in a few weeks something that was weak broke or gave out,.thats just me.. ;D

• 2 weeks later...

actually unless i have a major meltdown i wont think about this swap-

Ive seen Ralph Garcias car annihilate  the pavement

We were out cruising late night and pulled up next to a new trans am-he was scared and he had a right to be-nobody was around not a soul just him and us

Quest freaking rule just like they are

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to StarQuests, looking to buy my first one to replace my '95 Talon TSI. Speaking of the Talon, I can tell you from personal experience the 2nd Gen 4g63 with the Garret t-25 turbo is a VERY nice engine. The Talon weighs almost 4000 pounds and can hang with many mustangs. I don't know the weight on a Quest, or the weight of the engine(would love to find out if anyone knows) I personally have been thinking of doing this swap and is oe of the reasons I want to buy a quest.

As far as I know the pros and cons of the engine are as follows.

Pro's:

210HP @ 6000 RPM

215 Torque @ 5800 RPM

(numbers could be off, going by owners manual)

Spools very fast, full 15 pounds by 2500 RPM

after market support. Buschur racing can sell you parts to make over 300 HP for about $1000

Cons:

Turbos go pretty quick (I've replaced 3)

Prone to snapping timing belts. (when it goes usually kills valves)

parts are a little pricey

all in all I thing the 2g 4g63 combined with the lighter frame would be a vicious combo.

p.s.

as a disclaimer I would like to say that these are just oppinions. if any of my info is incorect please let me know.

p.p.s

I still think it ould be cool as hell to have a v6 twin turbo under the hood  ;D

The Talon weighs almost 4000 pounds and can hang with many mustangs. I don't know the weight on a Quest, or the weight of the engine(would love to find out if anyone knows)

Well you are quite a ways off on the weight of your Talon, its actually weighs in at around 2850lbs for the turbo model and about 3150lbs with the AWD.  The Quests usually weigh in at about 3000lbs.  So the chassis is about the same weight either way.