nitrous oxide

duck

nitrouse is the best power adder known to man, although it has a very bad reputation because people think they can just slap it on the car and add 50hp, but this is not the case, you need all new internals (just like if you put more boost to your motor) and all the uprated fuel systems, with that i would say it would be safe to run a 50-75hp shot on one of these motors with the boost at about 12-14PSI on any turbo. another reason why its so great is it cools the turbo very well, ALSO TOTALY ELIMINATES TURBO LAG! so now instead of your car having another 50-75hp from the turbo at higher RPM with the "juice" as we like to call it or "wheaties" you get that awsome kick in the a$$ of 50-75hp at all times when your at WOT. so blam you hit the gas at 1500rpm and its gone, either going very fast or spining alot of tires. lol i love juice and just wait till you see what i am going to conjure up for my next motor!

Kacz

want kind of upgrads do i need for my fuel systems to add 50hp and does it need to be wet or dry spray.

thanks.

want kind of upgrads do i need for my fuel systems to add 50hp and does it need to be wet or dry spray.

thanks.

you need volume for the fuel,. an depending on where you put the nozzles,. an what you wnat it to do.  lag elemnater,.for the coling,. an wet with the fuel on one side of the nozzle an nos,. at the same time. which gets pluged in after the ic,. (like a fogger, so ta speak).  an also where you put it,. due to the turbo,. it will increase the sugested amount., of gain.  (due to it being compressed air.)  What sytem are you going to set it up with???  NX-express has a few difrent types that you can veiw at www.nitrousexpress.com  they have a slection an some info,. to help you out. alwasy make sure,. your silinoids are clean, a good perg.  (noid). a few (people) have turned to compucar which is a med grade type(like dentsits) use for pain,.(laughing gas) because they have a better filter to get rid of the harmfull stuff, that somtimes get's mixed in the bottle. well thats it for now, any more questions just ask. (it s a bit long)  

• 3 weeks later...
 another reason why its so great is it cools the turbo very well,  

Kacz

I can't see how it cools the turbo, since you would inject the nitrous right before the injector body. Injecting nitrous before the turbo doesn't sound like a very wise thing to do and thats the only way I can see that it would have any cooling effect on  the turbo.

I can't see how it cools the turbo, since you would inject the nitrous right before the injector body. Injecting nitrous before the turbo doesn't sound like a very wise thing to do and thats the only way I can see that it would have any cooling effect on  the turbo.

Man that is one back fire,. i would NOT want.  

Fuel systems don't have to be upgraded nessisarily if running a direct port wet shot. The nitrous comes with fuel via fogger nozzles (kind of like running 4 injectors except they are for nitrous and fuel.

The "cooling turbo" effect is not cooling off the turbo physically, but cooling off the charge the turbo emits (ie all the compressed air volume even after the intercooler will be cooled more with the nitrous charge). On a turbo/FI setup with a wet shot direct port setup, you avoid most all backfires (which happens due to deatomization of the nitrous charge), and a 50 shot can add even more than 50hp, due to the other effects it has on the already existing charge. For example, the compressed air is now cooler, nitrous brings its own oxygen which can help get around flow limitations in the cylinder head ports, and no frictional loss to hp gain ratio to deal with.

Every little bit counts, but when you start playing with nitrous, boost, and fuel, don't be cheap just to say your a thrify person, spend it where it counts and do it right. Buy now or buy later.. Later is ALWAYS more expensive (new block/head/pistons/rods, you get the idea).

Joel

oh... oops.. also, if you like to avoid backfires, and perhaps even more "explosive" episodes, run a window switch. I've seen it a few times (and have had a video of) many boucing off the rev limiter and blowing things up while on the shot. A window switch is one of the best safety devices for nitrous that you can buy.

Look at ALL your options when thinking about nitrous. Eveything from progressive controllers, Direct port, dry/wet shots, staging controllers, window switches, bottle openers etc. Learn what all of these systems do and don't do. With a stock intake manifold a standard wet/dry shot you could get away with. A Dry shot won't back fire as much if at all, a wet shot is more likely to. A dry needs you to give it more fuel to support the nitrous, a wet does not. A Direct port wet is the best of both worlds, and runs about the 600-800 dollar range to get most of eveything you will need to run a 50-200 shot.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have, but unfortunately I've not run nitrous on any of my own cars.

Joel

what are you looking for Blue???  system's,. opion's.   Kind of narrow it down,. an i'll see what, i can find.

Just some general information so I can learn about it a bit to see if it's right for me.

Thanx