boost problem

jlnelson51

well there are a couple of things, i have the BCU+ boost controller i think the silinod is out in it, i am boosting a consnt 9.8 psi, i have my contoller at 12psi but it wont go that high, the waste gate is good, i know that, i was wondering if it could be the silinod and do those go out? if so i would just go away with the system and get a manual one, as far as modes go on my car i dont know if that maters but they are as follows, 3'' straight exgust from *DM, hard intercoller pipping with greddy BOV, GM MAF from lsi camero with translater, balancing elimination kit, none jet valve head, TEP cam shaft and springs,

and what cars do the 19c turbo come from?

I have a BCU+ also but didnt install it, there are a few modes on that model that allow it to open early / late to prevent boost creep, have you messed around with those settings? or set it to 14psi to see if it goes any higher? What turbo do you have currently, a 12a? Side note - Do you have the turbo timer function wired with that or no?

no i dont have the turbo timer hooked up, ya dont need that to function, i have the start psi set a 8 psi so that is when the waste gate is set to start to open, i have my gain at 45%, it was running very good at that holing 12psi like i wanted all the time, o ya and low boost what 7.5 psi for town and 12psi for racing, i love the psi at a push of a botton, so i am realy upset that it wont put out any more then 9.5 psi right now, and i dont know why, i unpluged the vacum hoses to the silinod and set it up for the wast gate to open up at the stock settings and it still dose 9.8 psi, so that is what got me thinking it was the silinod.

hmm, ya sounds like its open wen it should b closed... weird... i honestly was disappointed in the appearance of the units quality, so i didnt bother installing... and I wanted to use the turbo timer but i think we need an hks harness to do so easier

ya you need some onther weard s*** in order for the timer to work, ya if i were you i would just sell it and not even bother, i am disconeccting mine and gooing to go with a manual boost contorller, with a switch insid the cabin to work it, hopefully that will fix my problem, and some one tolled me to unpluge the wastgate hose and if it stays to the max psi then it isint your wast gate so i did and it stayed a 20 psi for one hole run, then i pluged all my s*** back up and then right back to 9.8psi, so i am hopeing the manual boost conrtoller with fix that problem, if not then looks like its time for a new turbo.