pulling intercooler

1980Gbody

take off the header panel/grill go order new clips from the dealer first they are about $1 each and I think you need 4 or 6 cause they will break then loosen 2 and remove the 2 other bumper bolts and slide the entire bumper off, the intercooler will be hanging in front of you, there are 4 bolts from the underside on the fenders, little 10mm ones that attach the ends of the air dam and the air dam stays with the bumper

I was able to take mine out from behind the bumper by taking the header panel off, disconnecting the oil cooler from that hood latch brkt. and taking the rest off that brkt out, all the way down to the core support. Then unbolt the 2 intercooler bolts and yank it out from behind the bumper.

I was able to take mine out from behind the bumper by taking the header panel off, disconnecting the oil cooler from that hood latch brkt. and taking the rest off that brkt out, all the way down to the core support. Then unbolt the 2 intercooler bolts and yank it out from behind the bumper.

Didn't have to take off the oil cooler. Used an extension for the socket and jacked the front up and took it out below. You have to wiggle it a little, but it will come out without hurting anything.