SOLD! '86 Quest, clear title,Tracy City, TN 37387, pics

Josh '88

1986 Conquest TSI

red exterior

black interior

5-speed

167k miles

I bought this car in August of 2006 in non-running condition. I let it sit over the winter, and got it running a few weeks ago. The engine makes a rod knocking noise if you rev it up, so it needs an engine rebuild. The battery does not come with the car; it came off my blue '88 long enough to get the '86 running.

I'm asking $600 for the car, and I'm located in Tracy City, Tennessee 37387. The car is not road-worthy, so the buyer must pick it up themselves. I took some pictures today, and they can be found here:

http://www.26liter.us/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=489

Has this car ever been repainted? Looks like it's in dam good shape! Sharp! I gotta pull a map-Quest, and see how far you are from me. Gotta love those 86s! The 88 seats would have to go, though.

Has this car ever been repainted? Looks like it's in dam good shape! Sharp! I gotta pull a map-Quest, and see how far you are from me. Gotta love those 86s! The 88 seats would have to go, though.

Yes, the car has been repainted before. It's starting to peel/flake off in some areas, mainly the roof. There is also some surface rust in a few places.

I looked up directions on MapQuest, and it's a 6 hour, 397 mile drive (1 way).

My motor and aftermarkets would look great in this car. 9hrs away wish it was closer.

If my truck sells, I'm 90% sure I'm going down to Lafayette with an empty trailer(hint,hint). I'm hoping by July......that if Josh does not make a sale soon. :wink:

well i was gonna see if you where interested in my Harley project but my girl had a fit so... The only thing I really have to trade is skill. if ya need any parts built for your car. I build headers, intercoolers, brackets, harnesses, ect, ect, ect. I also balance and blueprint engines, we have a complete hines balancing system in house. Heres some pics of my work.

http://www.ohiominitrucks.com/nuke/modules...p;p=71917#71917

well i was gonna see if you where interested in my Harley project but my girl had a fit so... The only thing I really have to trade is skill. if ya need any parts built for your car. I build headers, intercoolers, brackets, harnesses, ect, ect, ect. I also balance and blueprint engines, we have a complete hines balancing system in house. Heres some pics of my work.

http://www.ohiominitrucks.com/nuke/modules...p;p=71917#71917

Wow, nice work. Honestly, there's nothing I'm looking for in those areas at the moment. I appreciate the offer, though.

I'm sorry that BOTH of the guys I had lined up to buy that car bailed on you. (both guys work with me and both had their wives tell them "no" at the last minute) I had a third guy interested a few weeks ago, but he never called back. (he is the guy who bought my Palermo car----then traded it for a non-running 300zx--now he wants another SQ.) I will call him again today and see if he is still interested. I know he has/had a '73 Plymouth Satellite to trade/sell that dyno'd 380+hp at the rear wheels, but I think he wanted like $1500+ for that car.

I want to see that car saved, not parted by it's new owner!

What do you think the cost involved in a rebuild would be?? Do you have the front valance for it??

I rebuilt the engine in my blue '88 last summer, and it costed me around $600. It had spun a rod bearing so bad, there was no bearing left. I ended up buying a new crankshaft, replacing a piston, new rod & main bearings, replaced all timing parts, balance shaft elimination kit, complete engine & head gasket kit, & jet valve elimination kit.

When I bought the car, it didin't have a front airdam. I don't have a spare airdam available to sell with the car.

• 2 weeks later...