87 starion back from its nap

star72

I recently purchased an 87 starion w/115,000 miles for $500. the car just needs a new head gasket. The car has not been started in about 6 to 8 months. basically I wanted to get any input on where I would need to start off when getting the car preped before trying to start it up and of course after I get the new gasket replaced. Everything is intact and the engine compartment just needs to be cleaned due to the car sitting in a dirt lot.

thanks

mike

You'll get more help faster by posting in Virtual Mechanic. In the meantime, did the car quit running or did the owner quit running it because there's water in the oil? If there's no water in the oil, I might try cranking it to see what happens. If it was run hot(likely) the head may be cracked or warped and will need to be pressure checked and planed or replaced. Good Luck! Hope you can save it! -chas.

Hey there! Im almost close to you lol, Im up in Arab, near Huntsville. If that motor has taken a crap I have a spare running motor with the head still on it. 66k original miles. No intake, no exhaust or turbo, and no water pump could just transfer yours over. PM me and we can talk Welcome to the starquest shindig.