If this fits, then what wont? ....well maybe a yamaha engine

mike1157

O.K. you guys hear from me once every blue moon, and guess what,... the moon must be getting ready to turn color.

I have finished and have dyno'd and track tested the twin-turbo'd 362 c.i. small block ford that fits (like it was supposed to be there from the factory) in my conquest.

The motor is a motorsport R-302, bored and stroked to produce the aforementioned displacement. It is injected w/ 95 lb/hr injectors and has two Garret 57 trim T3/04 hybrids hanging out front of the headers.

Although the turbos will only make 17 p.s.i., the chassis dyno here in birmingham reads 687 hp.

Did I mention that it fit w/o cutting the firewall???

Did I mention that since it is a front sump pan you can leave the rear steer linkage completely alone?

Did I mention that because of the same front sump pan, you only have to notch the stock cross member as opposed to completely cutting it away?

Did I mention that because it is a domestic engine, a domestic transmission (i.e. a T-5 ) will fit w/o any special spacer plates?

• 3 months later...
O.K. you guys hear from me once every blue moon, and guess what,... the moon must be getting ready to turn color.

I have finished and have dyno'd and track tested the twin-turbo'd 362 c.i. small block ford that fits (like it was supposed to be there from the factory) in my conquest.

The motor is a motorsport R-302, bored and stroked to produce the aforementioned displacement. It is injected w/ 95 lb/hr injectors and has two Garret 57 trim T3/04 hybrids hanging out front of the headers.

Although the turbos will only make 17 p.s.i., the chassis dyno here in birmingham reads 687 hp.

Did I mention that it fit w/o cutting the firewall???

Did I mention that since it is a front sump pan you can leave the rear steer linkage completely alone?

Did I mention that because of the same front sump pan, you only have to notch the stock cross member as opposed to completely cutting it away?

Did I mention that because it is a domestic engine, a domestic transmission (i.e. a T-5 ) will fit w/o any special spacer plates?

wt.... are you trying to say with all your comments??

I think he was trying to say you do not have to hack these cars up to fit a v8...and his was a twin turbo setup.

You do not have to hack the tranny tunnel.

you do not have to remove the steering.

Not sure if this is what he was saying,but it seems to be :wink:

All of his comments were directed at my project, not at the fact that a 302 will fit in a Conquest. That's been proven many times over before this guy.

really,I didn't get that.he doesn't mention you anywhere in that post.And that post is OLD

All of his comments were directed at my project, not at the fact that a 302 will fit in a Conquest. That's been proven many times over before this guy.

really,I didn't get that.he doesn't mention you anywhere in that post.And that post is OLD

Doesn't mention me directly but he does mention the engine manufacturer that I chose as well as several things I've had to tackle directly related to my project. It's ok, I'm over it now :)

You're probably right...I got heated for no reason 8)

The swap was put on hold for a bit for a few reasons and because I bought another faster car this summer :). I needed to brainstorm and consult with some pro's on what to do in regards to making a cross member. I ended up buying a stock one (which took FOREVER to find) to work with since I cut mine. I hope to start tearing into it in the next month or so. The plans for now are to swap a stock crossmember back into the front end and see how things work with a modified oil-pan.