magna intake, stock head

while fitting up the intake to the head i noticed #1 i had to take the egr blockoff plate off, #2 the intake has a type of block off, but doesnt fit snug.( the gap of the gasket). i think i recall a few posts where people "just used rtv" but im not sure thats right. i was thinking of making something up with gasket paper or maybe fab up a plate and rtv both sides. or maybe if i got an aussie gasket it would work? am i over thinking this? whats the best method?

Glen from Australia provided an alumnium spacer for the mainfold that covered the EGR hole along with a Magna gasket set. That seems like the cleanest way to go, but making that spacer probably isn't that easy (it looked like it was cut on a water-jet).

Have you bothered to do a search? I'm sure this has been covered before....

you ll rarely see me post because i usually find my answer after a few mins of searching........
i recall a few posts where people "just used rtv" but im not sure thats right.
most posts are about magna head fittiment or dont even mention it. thanks for the spacer lead though, ill try looking in that direction :wink: does anyone have one of these lying around?

Even the FIP Hurricane has you silicone on a thin sheetmetal cover, the use more RTV when you put the intake on. It's the one part of their system I think is cheesy at best, luckily it's not really under any pressure.