my new griffin. got some Q's too!

sounds like your pretty close. i can usually stay under 190 on a hot day boosting, but if i boost alot and for multiple extended periods it will get warmer. the only problem ive seen is if i run the a/c on a hot day and make it boost it will run the temps up in a hurry. i tried to get it hot one day that was about 95*, with the a/c on and boosting the crap out of it the most it ever did was 210* i run a single 16" puller that is shrouded to pull air thru the entire radiator but i dont feel like its its enough still. it pulls enough to do the job but like i said before, i will go with 2 12" versus one 16" without the shrouding i built for mine, it would barely keep it at about 200* .

one thing that worked better for me was to use a 160* t-stat. i know people say it only controls the minimum temp. but my car runs cooler with one than with a 180* if i am moving on the highway at a consistent speed(not boosting) my fan will knock off and the car will cool on the radiator alone, about every 5-7 miles the temps will have crept up to the point of turning the fan on. simply not enough air flowing into the car to cool without help from the fan.

So even with the shrouded 16in, that's not enough...

I looked at dual fan setups from Flex-a-lite, but the ones they had would not fit the tight space between the rad and the pump.

I guess that i could buy 2 x 12in fans and build a custom shroud...

Actually, I would have to use 2 x 10in fans, my radiator's core is only 21in wide.

That seems that the best option... hum...

Thanks for the feedback.

Mitchell.

take a look at www.zirgo.com they have some pretty high powered fans and they should fit in easier. if you are creative in your mounting setup, you might could use one 10" and one 12" staggered. like the 10" in the lower left corner and the 12" in the upper right corner etc. the 10" might even be a little thinner. if you have room of course. my radiator is 18"x26" so ive got more than enough room for two 12"s. how is it you have the same one as art but have a 21" core? i ordered my radiator from summit via the exact same part number art listed in the thread.

the shrouded 16" does the job but you have to understand, im littlejz when it comes to temperature. id like for it to never break 190* on a hot as hell day with the air on and boosting to my hearts content. everyone i talk to says im just paranoid and to stop worrying about it.

By the core i meant the part where the cooling fins are. That part is only 21in and that's where the fans need to be.

You are right about fitting a 12 and a 10 though. That might just work.

I don't think that you're too paranoid, I don't think that our cars should be getting to 210 at any time.

Mitchell.