strange amp issues

so after installing a small jenson 300w amp to run the front and rear deck speakers I hooked everything back together and reconnected the battery and turned the key to 'on'. Things start up, everything is fine. I'm sitting and listening to a CD in my car for about 5 min and then the amp turns off. Just off. Not into 'protect' mode, but completely off. No lights on it or anything. I turned the key off, checked all connections and everthing seems fine. Now, I turned the key back on and the LED on the amp turns on red for a second or two and then turns off. Aside from checking all the connections (they are all good) I'm not sure what more I could do. I mean the amp acts like its getting 0 power what-so-ever. I stumped. :shock:

Thanks for any advice you might have,

Tim

It's a Jensen!!! j/k are you sure the amp isn't going into protect and then shutting off? and another thing, does it have an in-amp fuse? well, come to think of it if it did and the fuse was blown, the amp wouldn't get any power! n/m just make sure you don't have any speaker wires touchin or any other for that matter. Make sure they are all taped good and hopefully there is where your problem will be.

lol guess what guys ? I figured it out. What does every electrical problem on a quest come down to being ? Bad grounds/connections. I sanded off the place where I had the ground bolted to (again) and doubled cleaned my pos bat connection ... now she's alive and well. Well ... she was for about 20 min and then I yanked her out because it really wasn't any louder/clearer than my head unit. So I put a Fosgate PU600.1 in its place. Now my car goes thumpy thumpy. :-D

I love blaring music that ISN'T rap. And blaring rap is fun sometimes too. :twisted:

Thanks guys,

Tim