302 w/ AOD help

Atlas_LS

Ok, my quest motor is down, and I'm about to be picking up a 302 w/ AOD trans for free. What would it require to drop in and run? I'm just trying to figure out which would be cheaper, because the quest needs around 600ish to get running again. And even then, there is no guarantee that it will run correctly, or for how long.

Motor is out of a lincoln mark vii lsc, I beleive.

mine has a 302 with a AOD tranny and built based on this one:

http://www.kabamus.com/garage/motorswap/invent.html

mine:

http://www.cfecorp.net/aj/v8/

unless you can do the work yourself,i say 600 to rebuild the stocker would be the best bet unless you just want a v8 under the hood.

No AIM,sorry.

and I didnt build this one but i belive mine may be the longest running daily driver.Close to 4 years and 40k on it.Only problems were the wrong alt installed in it and my gas lines came loose at the tank about 2 years ago.

• 4 weeks later...
I have that same motor and tranny. I pulled it from and 88 lincoln and im trying to decide either to put in my 68 mustang. Or since the mustangs not gunna be done for a long time should i put the 302 in my quest. Still haven't decided though.

Well, to fix your car is by far cheaper.. I just finished my swap about 2 months ago. It took about 5 weeks to complete the swap and about $5000. That is doing all the work myself. I bought a lot of new parts. I'm sure you can do it a little cheaper. There is a lot of fab work that needs to be done. If you have any questions just ask.

Sid

• 11 months later...
I realize this is an old thread...but $5k...? It doesnt seem like it should cost that much. Does that include the price for the engine itself...At some point I am going to do this 302 swap w/ turbo.

I realize this is an old thread...but $5k...? It doesnt seem like it should cost that much. Does that include the price for the engine itself...At some point I am going to do this 302 swap w/ turbo.

unless you find a used junker engine and turbo,it would cost you about 5k for a new 302 with turbo.