Interest in front engine bay plate cover?

starionheaven

Im lookin to see if anyone is interested in one of these covers for the front end of the engine bay. Its made of aluminum and fits perfectly. No mods required. Hoods close nicely and help keep air directed towards your engine bay, radiator, and intercooler. I can manufacture these pretty quickly and paint them any color for an extra fee or you can do it yourself. I added stickers to mine and it really livens up the engine bay. See for yourself.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/3732/plate0015df.jpg

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/531/plate0020nj.jpg

Oh yea, these are not *DM products

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very interested!!! what is the price for a plan non painted one??

my car as seen in my signature is the most common red I have seen .. I think called mexican red?

please let me know soon because I will be going to a small local car show soon and this would be great for my engine bay!!!! Thanks alot..

Just an FYI. The stock hood has "channels" in it to funnel cool air to certain spots in the back of the engine bay. If you have that plate in place it looks like it would block that airflow. Pop your stock hood and look at the underside. You will see the "channels" I am referring to.

Just to be clear, I am not poopoo'ing on the idea I am just letting you know.

CJ

ya but how can it "not even move" at 140mph with nothing holding it in place. dont get me wrong i want it I just dont want it to be rubbing on my 83 hood. I had to change my resovore to the 85 style to fit my intercooler in there so thats not an issue for me

Damn, 140 in the snow! You are brave :wink:

With the hood closed, it isn't going anywhere

ya but how can it "not even move" at 140mph with nothing holding it in place. dont get me wrong i want it I just dont want it to be rubbing on my 83 hood. I had to change my resovore to the 85 style to fit my intercooler in there so thats not an issue for me

You could use some Velcro strips under it for easy removal and not have to worry about it moving around.