removing carpet

03BlueSTX

ive got everything stripped out of the car except the carpet and dash. i cant figure out how to remove the console part around the shifter and the radio so i can remove the carpet and get that cleaned up like the rest. anyone know how?

screws in the sides of the console- in those little vent looking things. After the console sides are removed I think there are some screws in there that hold the console to the radio frame (not sure on this- of the 3 SQs I've had , the only one without the center console all hacked apart already had most of the interior didassembled). Then there are 2 screws that screw down into the hump behind the shifter.

I think that's it.

Why are you taking the carpet out? for cleaning or replacement? If it will be going back in and you can deal with a slight bit more road noise, pull off the padding on the backside of the carpet. It will shave a few pounds and also not trap rust-causing moisture down on the floorboards.

Good luck

padding is under the carpet so you will not feel the lines in the body underneath the carpet.With the padding removed,it has the tendency for riodges to come thru the floor.looks bad and feels like crap.

if the car is gutted that much,just clean it like that unless you are pressure washing it.Then I see your dilemma :wink:

Im stripping it down for cleaning purposes only. the only thing left in the car is hte dash and carpet. the rest is down to the metal. ive got all the pannels and everything cleaned except one door pannel cleaned up and need to get the carpet and dash out to clean before i stat stuffing everything in again