Need Speedo Gears for 88 Automatic

rabsol1

I guess I'll make my first post a good one. Need the drive/driven gears from a Quest Auto trans. Looks to be a 5 tooth drive gear(I think)/17 tooth driven gear. Anyway, post price & I'll check in soon... Shipping via USPS Priority Mail to Zip 37840 would be great, and can pay via PayPal. In reference to my standing with online transactions, I may be found on Ebay under the same name I have here on the boards (am also PayPal verified). Thanks in advance!!! :wink:

Manual Transmissions have 8/23 (drive/driven) gears, I already have a few sets of those, so automatic trans gears only. Note: Seems the side of the speedo gear/speed sensor housing could be stamped 17 or 23, 17 being the one I need. :D

is yours obviously broken? I ask because I thought mine was broken, but discovered that it has to be installed a certain way in order to work. It will fit two ways, but will only work one way......

i'll look around in the meantime and see if i have a spare one...

Thanks for the reply, TQ. Yup, truly in need of AT LEAST the speedo gear on the sensor end, but prefer both gears if possible. Teeth on sensor gear are all beveled with deep wear, except for the 4 teeth that are completely missing. :shock:

Seems as though whomever installed the trans before bumped or somehow damaged the speed sensor itself & warped the sensor shaft...which in turn caused binding within itself, essentially seizing the shaft, and shearing off the gear teeth. :(

So, if I can get an bad or even good sensor with a good gear, just the gears or whatever...I'd be most appreciative. In reference to my standing with online transactions, I may be found on Ebay under the same name I have here on the boards (am also PayPal verified). Thanks for your time & efforts, Tyler...just drop me a line if you can come up with anything. :D

BTW, great msg. board here...seems like a great group of SQ fans! :wink:

Brian

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...