Autometer gauge cluster/interior lights.

ToneyC

I have questions for you masters of interior modification.

I want to install Autometer gauges in my car. Much like Star_V8_Quest has. I have a V-8 Quest too.

Do you guys thing it's possible to install these gauges in the stock guage cluster?

Or better yet does anyone know of a place that can do it if I sent the cluster to them?

Also,

Can you change the color of the lights in the HVAC? And the rest of the dash?

I read of some people doing this but I hear different versions on which LED's to buy and where to buy.

I'm really new to this stuff so thanks for your patience :?

Thanks for any and all input.

Im here for you too if you need more help. Your quest is so sweet and Im still kicking myself in the butt for not buying it when I had the chance. Thanks for your hard work over there. I have aftermarket oil,volt,temp in stock location 1-1/2 and 2-1/16 boost gauge in stock location. If you have any questions feel free to ask. Matt

Man you guys are the crap!

I am honored you like my autometer's

if you want,i can take off the cluster hood and show you how mine are wired and how the face is made.

You're gauge cluster is awesome man. It looks GOOD.

I wouldn't want you to go through the trouble of doing that just for my sake.

That's very cool of you to offer but I think I would feel bad if you did that just for my benefit.

One question though. Were you able to keep all the factory warning lights in the cluster?

have aftermarket oil,volt,temp in stock location 1-1/2 and 2-1/16 boost gauge in stock location.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. Matt

Matt,

What brand of 1-1/2 inch gauges did you use? I'm looking on the Autometer site

and they don't have much for that size. Is 1-1/2 inch the size I need for the stock fuel, volt, temp & oil pressure?

What size do I need for the speedo and tach?

I was thinking the 5 inch autometer?

Mike,

Where did you get the side marker inserts from?

Thanks all,

You wouldn't be willing to make one of those for me at a price would ya :wink: ?

I have thought about sending my cluster to someone who knows how to do this.

I just have no idea of anyone who does know, lol.

I didnt make mine,the guy who built the car did the work.

Here is a better pic of the idiot lites.The blinker lites are in each top corner.The one lone hole is my bright lite indicator.

When i find someone to make me a new piece,i want it made and then chrome plated.I am planning to eventually go with digital gauges in my car.

http://www.2.6liter.com/userfiles/Drazz/v8quest/phantomseries11.jpg

Geez that looks good.

Thanks for the pic. Maybe is isn't as hard as I think to make one of those.

Do you know what material yours is made out of?

If you get a new one made keep me in mind.

I would love to have a similar set up made too.

• 2 weeks later...

Go to the Post about our 3 show cars...

Look about half way down the first page..

You will find a complete Dash Layout W/ Autometer Gauges.

1.) Instrument Cluster

2.) Center Console W/ Shifter Boot

3.) Relocated A/C Control to inside armrest

4.) Electronic Boost Controller & Clock- intigrated into center console

I hope this helps you with some ideas??

IDKwhy

Hey,

If you are trying to just get the tach to work...

I think that is possible...

I will investigate that and PM you...

I think the factory tach uses a basic Pulse width cycle- and ir that is the case, you could use the Autometer Tach Adapter- If you are using an MSD Box or have a dedicated Tach signal wire off the distributor??

Not positive but, I will get you an answer by this weekend...

Very good question, You have peeked my curiousity...

Please let me know what you think of our dash set up? I really like to hear different impressions from members who are actively working on modifying there dash clusters. I also forgot to mention- by moving the A/C controls to the inside the armrest pocket- I was able to use the opening for the RADIO- It looks like it belongs there!!! It is almost exactly a single DIN opening (very minor "shaving" of the corners). WHy nobody has put the radio there before is beyond me- but I guess once someone has seen it done, more will make use of this novel idea???

Let me know if I can help you in any way- and I will let you know about what you need to do to utilize the factory Tachometer with your set up- If you let me know what ignition system or Tach Signal source you have- I may be able to provide you with a detailed schematic - to simplify your work- you can E-Mail me at IDKwhy@aol.com...

Later,

IDKwhy

That would be great. I did some research on the net on it but I can't find much.

I'm using a autometer tach now and yes I have an MSD distributor/ignition. I'm not positive where the signal is coming from

but I'm sure it's from the distributor. I have a 93 Mustang EFI 302.

Your dash set up is kick butt. That's what I orginally wanted to do with mine (I still might). It looks gooooood man.

The HVAC relocation is a good idea too. I would like to do that to mine in the future.

BTW: It's really hard to see that picture of the HVAC relocation (very dark).

Thanks a lot for the help on this :D .