Air Dam

BrokenquestTSI

I just got an 87 quest w/ no airdam, and i never done this before, and i didn't want to mess anything up. I just wanna know where to get a one peice unit(air dam), and how they are put on the car. I won't be performing this for a few weeks, so please, no offers. I just want to get everything together before the fact. Thanx for the help.

-J

Its fairly easy to do if the brackets holding the pieces of the old airdam on are in good shape. That's doubtful as they tend to rust badly. I had to cut mine off with a cutoff wheel. I sugest you look thru the site in the GP section or 4 sale section. A member makes and sells stainless steel replacement brackets here on the site and I think I've seen em on Ebay too.

• 4 weeks later...
thanks alot. so they are relatively always available? I want to start my project car soon!

-J

yeah,if you want to pay an arm and leg for parts you can get at the hardware store and modify yourself.

might want to try and buy the oem stuff,might be cheaper...i dunno.here is my post on removing the airdam.you can skip some of the steps like removing the header panel,etc..I found it easier for me to do this since i didnt have all of the clutter with my v8 car.Maybe with this one and scotty's,you can have a easy time fixing your airdam.

and the bolts i used are a tad to long but they worked.Next time I will try shorter ones :wink:

http://www.starquestclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33523