Walbro GSL392 pump...PICTURES!!!

Professor Quest

Yes, with that 400-952 install kit, it's a direct replacement.. And the Walbro won't overheat easily like the Master 2315 is known to do..

The one thing that might be of concern, is the conical filter that goes in the inlet line of the pump.. ProfessorQuest has a aftermarket fuel filter on his site, it may or may not be needed..  I believe the conical filter doesn't fit in the Walbro..  I could be 100% wrong, but it's something to think about..

the filter before the pump is absolutely useless. whats is supposed to do? prevent the pump from clogging? :)

i haven't had one on for years on two cars, and have never seen that filter to have dirt on it when i removed it.

I have pulled more CRUDE out of those conical filters that got PAST the in-tank filter..................it would amaze you, like it did me. Trust me, the conical filter will HELP protect a fuel pump. But since they don't make them anymore, I found a Wix 12mm in-line filter (screen type) that does the job very nicely.  Don't forget, some members have some pretty nasty tanks. Rust particles getting to the pump DESTROYS the tolerances in the pump. I guess that's why Mitsu set it up with 2 filters before the pump.  But if you don't want a filter........don't use one.

He's right. We need TWO COPPER WASHERS.  The 400-952 only has ONE copper washer. Knightrider...............The Ali washers are for the "bango fitting". They are not the right size for the fittings.  I'm sure Ron will send out the other copper washer. The picture he took has TWO.  BTW.........The conical filter will NOT FIT this pump.

I noticed that my latest batch of 400-952 kits had only one copper washer.  I didn't think much about it until I saw your note.  I contacted Walbro engineering, but the "engineer in charge of copper washers"  ;) is on vacation.

I'm pretty sure that kit needs two copper washers, so I'm ordering some of

those washers today.  I hope to get them the middle of next week.

FYI,

I'm out of install kits again.  The warehouse said that Walbro has to make more.

I'll make sure this next batch has the proper number of washers.

Sorry 'bout that.

Just wanted to let everyone know I used the alum. washer that was given and I don't have any leaks.  So no problems with the alum. so far.  Whats does it matter if its copper or alum.  The wierd washer is alum.

BuGG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...