Inter-member Business Networking Idea

Blue1989TSi

Most StarQuesters on here are between 20-40, most. So many of us are starting out; andmany of us haven't even graduated college yet. Many of us are able to either provide a service now or very soon.

Why not provide a "business card" option somewhere on the board where members could exchange services?

This could help both the buyer and the seller. (One to make some extra cash - everyone can appreciate that, and the other to save some money - we're not gonna rip off our own, so we could barter or offer a discount or reduced rate if possible.) For example, I can use ACAD. This is a valuable service to many people on here. Someone else may be a tutor. In your area there might be a fellow StarQuester that could give you a break on your plumbing or someone that does landscaping. The list goes on!

Some services can be provided regardless of distance (like drafting), others obviously depend on locality (dentist, teacher).

What do you guys think? Am I just desperate for cash to get started on a project that's over my head and looking for stupid ways to make some extra or do you think this idea has some form of validity?

Let me know what you think and if this is possible?

• 3 months later...

I don't know how, but I never saw this post... Odd, but this is always the first place I look to see if there are any new posts.

I think this is a good idea too, but I'm not sure how I would implement it. Any further thoughts from anyone?

Yeah, I couldn't find this post shortly after I saw it and wanted to reply - I probably never looked on this board, though.

Perhaps we could tack our general info onto the sig line.  Then we just need a way to index it for people... so it isn't hit or miss based on someone seeing your posts...

?

Still thinking...

Edde

• 1 month later...

This is also refered to as "Community Circle".

I could use the help of someone who can draw by hand. I'm working on a couple of designs that need the final touch. Don't know how it could be worked out,  but would prefer if I could have the work done locally (S. Louisiana) so I could then possibly do mechanical repairs instead as a payment.

I'm shure this could work for many people at least on a local "Community Circle" basis.

Sig