VIN Registry

MoMagnum

I'll start:

1986 Dodge Conquest  TSI: 5 speed, black leather interior, X15 exterior

JB3BC54N3GZ046366

1989 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R: 5 speed, black leather interior, T80 exterior  

JA3CC54N2KZ008086

The '86 should be under the "RIP" section, and the '89 should be under the "Still Going" section. Anyone else?

Will a VIN registry allow people to come in and track us down by looking up the VIN number?  And also, how much longer will the database conversion take?  Just curious, I've seen it mentioned for a while now.  Thanks

Jason

Will a VIN registry allow people to come in and track us down by looking up the VIN number?  And also, how much longer will the database conversion take?  Just curious, I've seen it mentioned for a while now.  Thanks

Jason

Well, I imagined that the VIN registry would tie to the user profiles if the owner was a member, but could also just hold the name of the owner. I haven't put any effort into designing it yet, so I can't really give you a definitive answer. Are you concerned that someone can use it to find people, or are you hoping they can use it to find someone?

As far as the conversion is concerned, I have completely ported over the user profiles in the exact format they have now, but I will be adding some items to the profile page like postcodes (aka zipcodes in the USA) and a few other minor details. I still have the instant messages and regular messages to convert. It may not sound like I've gotten much done yet, but you should see how many places the user profiles are sprinkled through the code...

• 2 weeks later...
   Just kind of curious if howards drepain's (sp) regestry will be merged into this also, I know for a while he was keeping good track of this stuff? Or maybe link to his site, so people can go to him, just a thought

• 4 weeks later...
OK WELL I  thought i was one of the few who knew about howard but seein ryan mention him now.. i didn't realize he had a web site .last i talked to him he didn't..  but i like the VIN registry.. if it gets up an goin let me know.. i have 3 vin #'s of cars no longer in road use.. unfortunately they are now probably being melted down to make aset of forks or something..

• 2 months later...

you sure about that?....I remember a page years ago, it was a white page, with a black starion on top, the car had the "supra wing" on it....I think it was a hand drawing....I ran across it about 6 months ago....but I can't find it now. It had info on it how to contact him, and how much money to send him....and what you would get for sending him money. Some older guys have to know what I'm talking about. I might be mistaken....but I could swear there was a site with his info on there, not the car info...just info on how to contact him, and what to send him.

see now that you got me thinking about it.....he had a pick of a black tacoma....and a black starion on there.....I know this because I have the same exact cars, in the same colors....just different years. I can't be making this up...I remember too much about it.....maybe I'm going insaine.