Corrections to Published info that is Incorrect

mikec

Shelby asked me a question just now about the 87-later idle procedure... when he tried it on his converted pickup, well, he didn't get the correct voltages on the wires I quoted.  I compared the factory manual wire colors to my car and whatdaya know, another mistake in the factory manuals.  They actually have the "sensor power" wire connected to the "sensor ground" wire at the MPS.  Oops.  I think we need some place where we can highlight these errors (the same error is in the online copies as well) and warn people in advance.  Mitsu issued a few corrections via TSBs and I have some of those penciled into my paper copies.  We need an official place to collect these mistakes.

Since so many of the TSBs are in fact corrections to the manuals, what if instead of just "factory manuals correction page" we create a regular collection of recall and TSB info?  Everybody keeps saying "look at AllData" but ya gotta be a member or shell out some bucks for that.  As a group, we could do it once (or, if somebody already has the info maybe they'd donate it to the Club) for everybody.  I don't think there is a copyright issue here - Alldata charges for their services I think - after all, MITSU MADE THE CORRECTIONS, ALLDATA just acts as a library for all manufacturers.

I have to run off to work right now but tomorrow I'll flip through my manuals and try to collect up the corrections I already have.

mike c.

• 2 weeks later...