8" wheels

Professor

Are the 8"wheels that come on the TSI 7"/8" combo the same as the 8" that come w/shp 8"/9" combo? i have two sets of 7"/8" and I would like to run 8" on all 4 corners. Knowing Mitsu, they probably changed the offset for 8" on the front.

What about using the front 8's on the rear with a spacer.

I don't see why that's not possible.  With either just a straight up spacer, and really long studs.  Or with the spacers that bolt to your hub, and then you bolt the wheel to the spacer.  I don't see any major problems with doing this, you just have to make up that 1.1024 inches (28mm) from the different offsets.

What you suggested is what I want to do to have a fullsize spare, someday.  Maybe on the 4WD Starquest I'll built 10 years from now when I have money ;D with 245s or bigger all around ;D ;D ;D

I don't think a spacer will do it. The rear 8" are dished which would put the tire out further. The front 7" and the front 8" are straight up. The spokes are at the first step of the rim and are straight up and down. The spokes on the rear 8"s are at the second step of the rim. I am going by the pictures on Starquest Wheels website. You could probably use the front 8"s on the rear, like Charlie said by using a spacer. Before I would do that, I would just get 9"s for the back. I was just trying to get wider wheels using the wheels that I have.

• 2 months later...

Hey professor i just pulled me a 7 and an 8 out of the junk yard last week and believe it or not the front was on the back and vice versa so evidently it either worked for him or casued him to wreck one. they were i nice find for 15$ each but to tell you the truth ive robed parts off of the car 3 times and never noticed it until i went to get the rims. so from my point of view it wasnt noticable

and the tire that was on it is normal size to 225/50/16