17" wheels

I found some wheels that I like and well, just wanted to gauge your opinion on the offsets. they look to be in good shape but here they are

17x8  with a 28mm offset

17x9 with a 17mm offset

its not just a matter of them fitting under the fender and off of the strut but I want the suspension angle to be correct ( I forget the technical name for the moment) for the contact patch.

or I could do the 17x 9 all the way around actually

not a good choice. those those wheel will need about t 10mm spacer for the fronts and a 15-20mm spacer for the back.

if you want descent, wide, cheap 17s get a set for the mustang. 17x9 & 17x10.5

the fronts should fit without a spacer and the rears will need a 1" spacer which are around $120 for the pair.

the wheels typically go for 550-600 on ebay for the set of 4 and there are 2 or 3 different designs

I thonk those would be sweet but i am not sure about the offset. and the word you are thinking of is camber

no its not camber.

it is the angle where the lower suspension arm and the strut meet at the ground through the tire. this is the optimum point for handling. it should meet at teh exact center of teh wheel/tire.  If you extend the tire bast this point you are causing excess wear on wheel bearing becasue of the leverage effect. it puts a great deal of pressure on the wheel bearings.

so you dont think those wheels will work on the back huh.... I dont see how anyone replaces the wheels becasue nothing comes close to being right in the rear. the rear is only a 17mm difference form the factory 0mm back spacing.

well I work for a ford dealer so I can get those pretty decently cheap new. I actually like the late model svt wheels best. they have  a 26mm back space though

here is the wheel I was looking at   http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/f...&bp=5-114.3

these are the ford ones I like:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/f...&bp=5-114.3

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/f...&bp=5-114.3

Caster

haha no caster is the front and back position of the tire under the strut. less caster and the car turns sharper but is more unstable and more caster the better in a straight line  and more stable it is but less agile. i will look it up in my old notes and post it.

not a good choice. those those wheel will need about t 10mm spacer for the fronts and a 15-20mm spacer for the back.

if you want descent, wide, cheap 17s get a set for the mustang. 17x9 & 17x10.5

the fronts should fit without a spacer and the rears will need a 1" spacer which are around $120 for the pair.

the wheels typically go for 550-600 on ebay for the set of 4 and there are 2 or 3 different designs

so I am still  a litle confused why a 17x9 with a 17mm back spacing woudnt fit all around really... I thought there was about 2" fomr teh wheel to teh strut in th4 rear ( I havent looked at mine ....its apart at my parents house an hour away)

Comparing:

17x9 with a 17mm offset

VS.

16x9 with a 0mm offset

It's pretty clear what the difference's are.. :)

The 350z(w/Brembo brakes) 18's fit pretty good, but like Art said(and it may be personal preferance) but a spacer would make the rear's sit a bit better IMHO..

They roll without making contact though..

ok thats what I was wondering....my car is an hour away and I havent had it for that long so I cant really tell in real life what it will look like ;)

and 17mm is all THAT much being 25 mm per an inch. I wish I could find some 10.5" in a 17 mm offset