Front wheel bearings

I did my front brakes a while back and found a bad wheel bearing. I live 25 miles from the nearest parts store and it was late at night so everthing was closed anyway. I checked my parts cabinet and found out that my 65 Ford Mustang bearings are identical. Both inners and outers. These bearings were used in many cars for many years. If you ask for a Ford bearing it might be less expensive. For example, I just priced a TPS sensor for Starion and it was $228. I priced the TPS for Hyundia Sonota and it was $107. Same Sensor.

It is... I've seen one firsthand, but it was crap..(junkyard status)

It comes from a 90-92 Hyundai Sonata(The one's I saw at least)..  I believe the 92-97 Mitsu, Galant's(not the 95 GS model though.. That's the factory DOHC 2.4L 4g64- and you better grab the whole engine, not just the TPS) have the same sensor as we do also, it's the same motor that's in the Sonata(mitsu 4g64..Hyundai GC3S or 3GCS..some crap like that)..

As for the bearings.. That's VERY interesting.. Not just because they may be cheaper to pick up, but maybe we can get some aftermarket ones?

I took a sensor off a 89 Sonata and have been running it on my car for about 8 months and it works good. The connector is the same except the wires are in the wrong place. You just pull the pins and switch them arround to match your old sensor. I even measured the voltage on it and it was what the Mitsu manual said it was supposed to be. It also ohmed out the same as Mitsu.

• 4 weeks later...
I got the seal at the local parts store. I didn't keep the part # of those. Our parts list shows Beck/Arnley part # 052-2904. Seals should be easy to get for the Starquest.

yes the bearings are the same part. bearings are very generic though and cost the same whether it is for a quest or a mustang

the part #s are a2 and a6   these are bower/bca #s and are the industry standard.

the seal however is different and you will need a 494122  national seal part#