Stillen or Brembo

Ok, decision time......I'm stuck between getting the Stillen rotors or the Brembo rotors.

Stillen....Cross Drilled

Front....$255.25 a pair

Rear.....$263.24 a pair

Brembo....Cross Drilled and Slotted

Front.....$298.00 a pair

Rear......$350.00 a pair

Do not get crossdrilled rotors if you are looking for performance.  If you are looking for BLING then get the slotted & drilled.  The reasoning is this, crossdrilled rotors have less surface area than slotted rotors.  Slotted rotors will outgas the same as crossdrilled, but retain the surface area critical on brakes as well as run cooler.  Crossdrilled rotors allow the gas to run into the vanes inside the rotor thus heating the air flowing through there more than it already is.  So, if you want to stop, go slotted.  If you want to Bling Bling, go drilled & slotted. ;)  Now, as far as manufacturer, both are excellent places.  We deal with both here at our shop.  But for all out competition brakes, Brembo rotors seem to last longer and put up with more abuse than the Stillens.  If you are just tooling around the street and not open tracking the car every weekend, then the Stillens will be great for you.

Hope this helps,

Brian

Exactly what he said!  Drilled rotors are more prone to cracking as well, and in addition to losing surface area, you're also removing some mass from the rotor which will cause the rotors to get hotter faster.  Slotted are the way to go.

Ok,

Arti.....you are killing me. I totally forgot about that thread. Now that I've pulled all my hair out especially since I just ordered steel braided lines from them I guess I'll have to give them a call back and order thier slotted rotors. Everone seems to love them. I really like the idea that they are coated. You still don't have them for sale anymore do you Arti? Thanks for the help though.

Brian

You could save all that money and go to Oscar's big brake upgrade, which allows 13 inch rotors up front with 4 piston calipers from willwood. But then again that's going to cost alittle more than 250 a corner, but not too much more. Glenn

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, if you haven't already ordered them, go with the slotted and crossdrilled, slotted rotors are for getting the gases out from under the brake pad which causes brake fade, also, the crossdrilled might take away from surface area but exactly what Conquest351 said, it takes the heat and puts in inside the rotor, it heats up the rotor and helps with braking, heat is actually a friend when it comes to brakes, you want to keep your brakes, although you don't want the gasses that comes with your brakes being hot, and that's what the slots are for. Also the crossdrilled makes the rotor lighter which is good cause rotors are unsprung weight and the less unsprung weight you have the better.