aftermarket rims AND lowered suspension??

i am planning ahead for my next Quest.  i want to run american racing torq thrust II's.  i think i'll go with a 16X8 in front with the same offset as the factory 8" front wheel.  for the rear, i can either go with an 8" with factory offset, or a 9.5" with custom offset.  of course, i would rather run the 9.5".  i am assuming that the extra half inch (versus the factory 9" rim) will all have to go towards the outside of the rim (making the rim fit like the factory wheel, but sticking out from the car an extra half inch).  will the extra wheel sticking out look stupid?  if so, is there any room to put some of that extra width back toward the car?  if i go with the 9.5, is it going to keep me from lowering the car and inch or so?  thanks,

Brandon

No, you should be fine with that set-up. The fitment problems start to arise when you go with a larger diameter like 17's,18's... The SCCA Starion used 16x9.5 ALL the way around. I also would like to point out that "if" you do have rubbing issues, then you can get a lower profile tire. So, if you're rubbing with 245/55/16's then switch them out for 245/45/16's.  Lowering an inch to a inch and a half isn't too much of a concern.

John