new to struts, need details

ok im new to the starquest struts. i keep reading about the cartridges  but im not sure i understand it.are all of our front struts made to take a cartridge? i was under the impression that struts was replaced as a whole body leaving just the spring with the car. also im going to replace my struts in the next week or 2, but one of my fronts is an adjustable and the other is a non adj.   im pretty sure im suposed to have the non adj on the car so for some reason some one of the previous owners replaced just one strut. will this adjustable take the same cartridge as the non adj? as i understand it the rears are only available as whole struts so thats no matter.  are the fronts available as whole struts? and if so how does the price compare to the price or cartridges?

fronts: the non adjustables takes cartridges. the adjustables can be modified to take cartridges. you should get a used non adjustable housing or modify yours to take cartridges.

rears: they are sealed units.

if you want a good adjsutable setup for front and back, i will have one soon. read more on this board or look in my site.