Guys with adjustable shocks....

What setting do you guys have your shocks set to?   Front?  Back?  I had a close call with a concrete barrier this past weekend because I took a corner to hard.  It gripped good going in and then it just let go I went over a curb just missing the barrier...IT SUCKED!   I was pissed...anyway, I think my fronts are set to 1 or so and the rears are set to 8 (i think).  I have my battery moved to the back over the pass rear...thanks

Tony T

I set mine to 8 in the front and 6 in the back for auto-X or the road course and 1 or 2 on the street.

Just rebuilt the whole suspension and it is stiff now.  what use to be 8 is 3 now.

Todd

I am still a little pissed at myself for that close call.  I keep making up excuses for myself...like I had the smaller 205-225 tires on (when my 8 and 9's are sitting in the garage), or suspension setting was off...oh and my latest was that my driver side rear tire was too low.  Well, although all of these things may have played a part; point is I was going too fast into a corner I was unfamiliar with.  What makes it worse is that I had my brother with me...if we had hit that pillar the car would be scrap right now....not too mention the possibility of injury.   So right now it is Corner (1) and Tony (0)...but we will see what happens next time.

Anyhow...I want to set all mine to 8.   My question is does your dial stop once you get to 8 or does it keep going?  Mine keeps going past 8 which means I can turn it in the "harder" direction and still have it set to 1.  Silly question I know but just want to make sure they are working correctly.   Thanks for the input.  

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay in answering, been busy.  I didn't rebuild them, I bought new ones.  Yes they are really expensive.  There was a thread here about rebuilding them, but I could never get an answer from the guy.  I keep the old struts just in case.

I think I have close to $2,800 into the whole job, but that included new brake discs and SS brake lines.  I also powder coated the suspension parts red.  The car looks so cool up in the air, to bad you can't see it when its on the ground.  I have some pics but need someone to host them.

I am going through the electrical and vacum systems now.  The cosmetics will be next summer.  It should be like new when I get done.

Todd