Factory Setup of Dash/Door Question

CherryTSi

Hi,

Question on the factory setup of the door/dash speakers.  I know they are wired in parallel and rated at 8 ohms.  But is there a cross-over between the dash and door speaker, if so where is it located.  Also where is the split off point from the head unit wire to the dash and door speakers.  I already put new speakers in the door and kept the dash, it works fine, but I know the dash sound not as good, so im considering ways of replacing them and keeping my current door speakers.

Thanks,

Sam

I've had my dash out numerous times, and I can't recall if there's a cross-over or not, I don't think there is one.  Personally i'd just stick without the dash location. Get some kicka** 6.5's for the doors and some 6.5's for the rears, then get a 400 watt amp for them, if the sound isn't enough, get some tweeters, and you can put them where ever you wish. On the sun visor, A pillar...anywhere really.

John

5.25 in the doors.

you can fit 5.25 in the dash if you take out the extra metal to space the speakers.

i have 6.5 in the back.. i just mounted the speaker on top of the same location.

much better sound..

ok if your going to get speakers go play with some because i got some expensive speakers and they sound like junk.

i recomend sony explode.. they have highs and good mids

if you are going to be using subs you may want to get extra tweeters, listen to the new speakers first and see how you like it..

btw there is not a crossover in the car