CD Player Skip on Sport Suspension??

MANGO

Anybody had success yet in terms of isolating a CD changer from the bumps and vibrations caused by lowered springs, sport shocks, and polyurethane bushings?

I know with those stiffer suspension components, they transmit road imperfections and vibrations a lot more to the rest of the car causing cd changers to skip.  Anybody have any experience on this?

MANGO

My '74 GMC Heavy-Half Ton 4x4 (read: rides worse than a log wagon - seriously) NEVER skips with a 10 Disc sony. I didn't do anything special at all, I just screwed it down. I'm guessing maybe your changer is dirty, failing, or of poor quality.

If all else fails get some soft rubber mat from a hardware store and make coushins for the mounts.

Are you having problems skipping with all cd's or just ones that you burned?? I never have been able to figure this one out, but I had a problem with skipping in my Blazer but only with cd's that I burned. I could go offroading while playing a store bought cd but a minor bump in the road would cause my homemade ones to skip.

I stopped worrying about it after I got my pickup and gave the Blazer to my wife ;D

It was actually a 10 disc Kenwood changer that was in the trunk.  I had it mounted in the trunk floor and then I had it off of the trunk floor mounted against the sides of the trunk.  Both times it skips and this is when the changer is loaded both with burned and store bought cds.  On a smooth well paved road it's fine but as soon as there are imperfections in the road, they get transmitted, even the smallest vibrations, on to the playing cd.

I went as far as isolating the mounting and surrounding area with Dynamat, gone as far as inserting rubber bushings on the mounting screws to isolate the changer body from the mounting surface and it still happened.  Oh well, maybe I'll just get a different changer?  I tell ya, that one I had was a temperamental sumbitch, it'd skip on a puddle if it had the chance!

MANGO

LOL, I know what you mean. The one in my Blazer would do it if I hiccuped while driving  ;D , but only on cd's that I burned. Drove me nuts!! Oh well, the only cd's the wife plays are the store bought anyway.

For yours to skip on a store bought I would think there has to be something wrong with the changer. Usually ones that are designed for a vehicle can take a good bump before they skip.....

Cullen