Componant system to arrive today-Got 1 question

jtoneil

Where have you guys been mounting your dome tweeters? Im thinking on that black traingle peice just above the door but Im open for suggestions. Im not sure where Im going to hide the inline crossover that comes with them. Somewhere inside the door I gues. Im open to all suggestions..Fire away

John

I don't like cutting/drilling into my door panels.  

You could place your crossover inside your door (there is a cavity/crevise behind your power window switch) and attach your tweeter to the door/mirror sail pane (like you suggested).

You could place your crossover immediately behind your headunit, remove your dash speakers, and place your tweeters in your dash speakers old location.

------------------------------------------

I chose to go another route.  I put high-quality component speakers in the hatch -- tweeter mounted on window pillar and woofer in factory location.  I adjusted them for maximum bass and highs.  I put 4 inch speakers in the doors and clipped their tweeter.  

If you visualize a 3-way speaker...  then I have woofer and tweeter in the hatch and midrange from the front.  

• 2 months later...

I recommend the tweeters in the sail-pane Idea. The high end frequencies are the most crucial for getting them pointed in the right direction. (you want the center of the tweeter pointed just below the rear view mirror for best sound quality and staging). if you plan on using seperates in the rear I suggest putting the tweeter roughly 4-6" from the center of the woofer cone and bounce the sound off of the rear side widows at that distance the phase-shift wouldn't be noticable at all. that's how my system is set up.

Have fun. ;)