SDS install

Is it advisable to lengthen some of the wires that allready have the plugs on them?  I need to come to the front of the vehicle for air,water,map and hall sensor, but to get a clean look I will have to make them alittle bit longer.  What has everybody else done.  I am going to be mounting in the glove box and coming up thru the passenger side where there is allready a hole..Thanks

The only wire I lengthened was the hookup to the coil, all others were long enough as is. I didn't have the Hall sensor(4D version) so I'm not sure about it. I exited thru the firewall beside the AC lines and ran the harness across behind the engine. The water temp sensor is on below the t-stat housing and the air temp sensor is located between the TB and vacuum nipple as installed on Kelly intake pipe. Hope that helps.

OK  :D I got everything wired and only had the make the air sensor wire alittle bit longer.  I think the hall sensor wire will be ok as well as i will run it down the other side.  I oly have two issues now.  The crank pulley as when I tried to put a bar on the rachet it felt spongy, but will not crack, and where to put the damn coil pack...lol

P.S. I got everything to fit thru the hole that allready exist in the upper passengers side where the stock o2 sensor comes thru.  Was a pain in the a** getting my hand back behind, but looks really nice and clean..

I am going to try the bump start on the crank bolt to ry and get it to crack and probably have to fab something for the coil pack..

What plug wires you guys using for the sds em4f system?

That's the same place I brought my wires through, but I didn't have to make any wires longer. If anything, I had some extra that needed bundles under the dash. And yes, it was a real PITA to get my hand back there to pull them through. But, looks clean as can be.

Terry

OK  :D I got everything wired and only had the make the air sensor wire alittle bit longer.  I think the hall sensor wire will be ok as well as i will run it down the other side.  I oly have two issues now.  The crank pulley as when I tried to put a bar on the rachet it felt spongy, but will not crack, and where to put the damn coil pack...lol

P.S. I got everything to fit thru the hole that allready exist in the upper passengers side where the stock o2 sensor comes thru.  Was a pain in the a** getting my hand back behind, but looks really nice and clean..

I am going to try the bump start on the crank bolt to ry and get it to crack and probably have to fab something for the coil pack..

What plug wires you guys using for the sds em4f system?

hey i seen a pic, i think chad maybe  had the coil packs mounted near the air filter side of the engine bay...it looked pretty  clean not having all those wires going around the valve cover.  glad to see you didnt waste anytime installing that unit.  glad everything is working out good so far,,

good luck with everything

Thanks Ray for everything!!

I was thinking about putting it there as well, but have to see if I have enough room because I have the turbo inlet coming over and down to the opening in the front passenger corner.. :D

ok- magnacore, msd, ngk, but from what make of vehicle are you guys getting them from?  I was looking at the eclipse, they might be long enough.

I'd go with Magnecor ....there for a 2.6L

www.cyberauto.com

I know NGK are vehicle specific also, unsure of MSD.