Desperatly need TEC-2 program profile.

I'm trying to get my TEC-2 running in my truck but I'm having some problems. I need someone to send me a profile that works.

I have the original throttle body and injectors (one large, one small) from an '89. It won't seem to stay running and acts like it is missing or out of time but I have checked the timing and it is correct. I will be checking the plugs etc. tomorrow but would like to have a program that someone else is actually using so that I can eliminate that as being an issue.

I DO NOT have the Wintec prom. The program that I use is the PAFZ2G.EXE file to program the TEC with.

You can email me at dsatchell@austin.rr.com

Thanx, Dave.

So you need the program for  only 2 injectors on the stock manifold?  I might have something on disk, but I can't gaurenty it. I don't have any non wintec software to look at the files so I won't be able to see whats on the files.  I'll look and see what I have.

I can send you a couple of mine but:

you are using a TEC to run the two factory injectors?

the three sensors that are required to get the car running are: TPS, MAP, crank trigger. disable all the others you have hooked up.

what TPS are you using?

how is your crank trigger setup?

Sorry, had to work with some clients all day today.  Yes I am still desperate.  I had a chance to work on it for an hour today but that is it. I checked (ohmed) the spark plug cables and they where all 5-7KOhms and they are the MAGNECOR KV85 (8.5mm). I will have some time Tuesday morning before having to go to Houston and I want to try and get it running.

I'll also have more info because I will be able to hook up a borrowed laptop and get some additional info and load a new program.

And yes I am useing the original TB, intake, and injectors. I have some RC 1000cc injectors but they don't seem to be working so that is why I put the original in and they came from a car that ran fine but had bad bearings.

Thanx, Dave.

I'm still looking, when I first put the tec on my car it was with the stock t-body injection.  I ran 2 primaries with no problems.  I just don't know if I ever had that program on disk.

Didn't get a chance to work on the car today. Went downstairs and the lower level as a acid smelling fog filling the bottom floor. Six fire trucks showed up and we never did really find out what caused the smoke. They used a heat detector and found a plug (a GFCI) in the kitchen that was hotter than all the others and when they took it apart they said that  they could see where it was shorting. I looked at it later and this morning and couldn't find anything wrong or any marks. I did find my 3 year old $1000 frig was no longer cooling and everything was melting.  Plus I had to take my wife to a 2pm doctors appointment in Houston 3 hours away.  

Needless to say I'll have to work on the truck when I can but I'm still in need of some programs.

Thanx guys, Dave.

How can I tell if my cam timing is off. I'm concerned about it being 180*(360*?) off.  I pulled the valve cover and checked everything and this is what I found.

1. crank timing mark was at 0*TDC

2. cam dowel pin was at 12 o'clock

3. intake and exhaust rockers both appeared to be on low parts of cam lobes

could it still be out of adjustment?

why would it still be studdering when it is trying to start? It's almost as if it is missing real bad and every once in a while it tries to run.  Also, sometimes it seems like the engine has too much internal pressure and then it doesn't want to continue turning.

I have verified that it is pumping oil in case you are thinking that it is seizing.

Thanx, Dave.

if the starter is having a hard time turning the engine over, its usually due to the timing being too advanced.

what does your crank trigger setup look like? post a picture of it, with the crank pulley is at TDC. make sure to get the missing tooth of the trigger wheel and the sensor location into the picture.

I believe that the trigger wheel is supposed to have the 13th tooth line up with the sensor and mine is at the 12th.

I've tried advancing and retarding the timing by 6* via the engine monitor application of the TEC but that doesn't make any difference either. The wierd part is that when this motor and TEC unit was in my starion (that got totaled) the sensor lined up perfect and now it is one tooth off. With the fan shroud and the mechanical fan it is too difficult to try and get in there and readjust it right now. I will later but right now I'm just trying to get the motor to at least stay running.

Dave.

i think its supposed to be on the 11th tooth but as you said, the change in the software should have compensated.

you mentioned a crash. that may have messed up your magnetic sensor. i would try a new sensor. i think they are around $40.

GOOD NEWS GOOOOD NEWWWS! I put some new plugs in and it started right up! I read another members post saying he was having the same problems, put new plugs in and problem solved, I also had a similar problem when oil got on the plugs of my bike and when I put new plugs in (even though it would run but poorly) and the problem went away. So I decided what the heck, I've checked about everything else, and it started on the first crank and ran great!

I've still got some other little things to square away and I will be working all weekend but it should be on the road in no time flat.

As for the TEC2 stuff, I have about ten different programs that I received with my used TEC2 and I will be making a web page to post them with various comments. I anyone wants to send be there programs (TEC, Hawk, SDS, whatever) with comments, I will post them also. Please be descriptive as to how it runs, what hardware/software/bios it is from, and what the intake components are.

Dave.

Thats good to know.  We just got in an 88 quest in the shop  at Total Performance <shameless plug> running the Tec II.  The car dosen't run and has multiple electical issues.  It will be interseting to see what this car puts down, it has the EIP cannon intake and a 16G turbo.  The rest of the car is pretty much stock including exhaust.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone email me the program file for wintec 3, i want to get to know the settings...

tec3 is not in the car yet... but in about a month it will be installed...

I already have wintec v3.1.1...

just need the bin file...

Thank you,

Roman

wolvorine4@comcast.net

Win Tec II has an auto calibrate feature where you put in your basic parameters (ie. injector size, batch or sequential fire...) and it will spit out a bin file that should get you started.  I'm assuming the Tec III will have one also. You can do this on the pc to have it ready to download into your car.

tec3 has alot more paramaters that you can configure, that tec2 did not have...

ok, here is there i get stuck on:

1. engine advance table...

2. inj. pulse timing

well, this is good, if you know the programs... but till then its a pain in the a$$.