Magna Intake to Magna Head Problems

Ready to start with the magna install on my magna head, but am held up.

Here's the situation

I have a 2.6l magna head with the rear water passage welded up for use with usdm intake manifold, well now I have a 2.6l magna intake modded for my starquest but, my usdm felpro 90981 intake gasket doesn't block the hole on the head (carbuerated 2.6L cam driven fuel pump port?)

Questions are as follows:

Should I unblock the rear water passage on the head?

Shuld I cut the intake manifold and use the factory fuel pump block off plate?

Do I need a AUS-DM intake gasket?

What to do with my intake to head spacer that allows magna intake use on a usdm head (rectangular rear h20 passage)?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks guys!

Chris

thanks, it crossed my mind to do that but I wanted to see what somebody else did before trying it.

Any thoughts on the rear water passage?

If I unblock it my gasket won't work with it so for now I'll just leave it, I just wasn't sure if it would cause any coolant flow problems.

-Chris

The water passage..well let me put it these ways..

I've never had cooling issues on my car in concerns to the smaller US spec'd cooling passage. I do have the US spec passage on my Magna set up.

BUT...having a larger cooling passage would be beneficial to have.

What would I do? I'm split either way. Probably would be better to open it up but then your stuck having to get a head from half way around the world if needed.

If you want a good feeling in your gut that you did it the best you can then open up the passage.

Just the ways I look at it.  :)

I've got a spacer that reduces the vertical port to the rectangular one so I'm thinking I'll use a rotozip to reopen the passage us spec :)

Unless anyone knows where to get the aussie magna intake gaskets, does felpro make them?

• 3 weeks later...

ok well I guess since I dont have the head or intake yet I dont know exactly what I am getting.. BUt my question is...

I am buying a 2nd gen Magna head, and a magna intake.. will these two items bolt RIGHT up and work perfectly when I get them or is there something I need to do or know... BTW I am getting the intake un moddified and I am gonna send it to Chad and have him do the work..

so yeah just let me know guys THX

turboTSI

• 1 year later...