Stedebani Poly Mount/Bushings

Rick_Tross

so to re- confuse all of us again are the durometer #s the same as his originals or a softer pour this time ?

Scotty,

I don't know I have not seen the originals but I would have to reason that because Rick Tross posted that Steve was going to make this batch not as firm as the last.

Rick Tross wrote: 04/21/03 at 18:08:13 »

Yes the suspension parts are going to be softer because we had to change the strength of the mounts to try to keep people happy.

I would have to assume that they are softer but how much softer I could not tell .

Why do you ask if they are softer than the first batch that Steve made?

Urethane is always going to be harder and last longer than the basic stock OEM bushings and mounts.

If you want softer why not just replace the worn OEM w/ new OEM your only going to be paying about $30.00 less for OEM at the dealer for the same parts that Steve is making in Urethane.

Concerning the engine and differential  mounts I have seen people use one OEM rubber mount opposite one Urethane mount to reduce the amount of vibration felt.

I believe the drivers that benefit the most from Urethane suspension components are the rally racers those SCCA guys some of them I hear even dump the Urethane for solid machined 6160 billet pieces to replace any rubber suspension part. "Can you say kidney belt?"

I want the Urethane on my car for performance and cornering on the street banked freeway onramps and mountain roads. Some  of the OEM's real supportive critical bushings even after you replace them they distort soon after you torque them down.

Most car designers go to the drawing boards with the idea to use good suspension components but when designs progress to the production lines that is where corners get cut (to save money and increase profit margins) and it is the suspension that suffers the most because the average Joe doesn't see under the car and the car is mostly used as a grocery getter or commuter to and from work so if it goes around the block and doesn't squeak and rides in a straight line that's fine for him.

Suspension is a big thing for me handling is everything I know I'm going to love these bushings.

If you have any more question why don't you just e-mail Steve Fults Fultsie@aol.com I posted his contact info in the link above

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry again for the delay in my updates life is keeping me busy STEVE IS READY TO SHIP!!!!!!!!  So send full payment to him. I understand a few people already payed him...please email me so I make sure you don't get charged for another set. To those who emailed me late all parts on on first come first serve basis. Peace

Rick Tross

• 2 weeks later...