GAGE LIGHTS

EddieT

HEY THERE ;)

JUST WANT TO SHARE SOMETHING

EVERYONE WHO HAS AUTOMETER GAUGES CAN DO FOLLOWING

REPLACE STOCK 194 LIGHT BULB(WITH COLORED CONDOM) FOR REAL COLORED GLASS ONE PREFER. BLUE.

IT CHANGES THE APPERANCE OF THE GAUGE VERY MUCH!!!! :o :o :o

AND IT WORKS FOR ANY OF THEM : BLACK, SILVER OR WHITE FASED

ANOTHER THING

JUST GOT MY ELECTRIC FUEL PRESSURE GAUGE BACK FROM AUTOMETER( THEY REPLACED IT DUE TO RECALL) THE NEW GAUGE IS MUCH BETTER THAN THE OLD ONE, IT HAS FULL SWEEP NEEDLE, COMES WITH PLUG IN CONNECTORS, MEMORY AND REQUIRES TWO WIRES HOOK-UP "+" AND GROUND

THE  MODEL FOR 2 1/16" SPORT-COMP  3363

WELL, JUST WANTED TO SHARE

ED ;D ;D

what is the best way to hook up the wires for the gauges?

i need to know im going to get a few ,

A/F gauge

EGT

Boost  ( have needs to be hooked up )

Digital Fuel pressure gauge with memory

pics would be great and wire colors also if possible!!!!!

i was thinking if possible to use the cigerette lighter wires and just run them up to the gauges.  but i want them to turn off and on with the lights.

thanks again!

I went with the Autometer ultralite (silver face) boost guage in the dash. I wanted to have a blue light. well I had a few options. put a blue bulb in and have it burn out (burn the color off), try to find a blue "condom"or, what I went with was a Blue LED. all you need is an LED, a resistor and the stock bulb shroud, the part that twists into the guage itself. all you have to do is remove the bulb and wires from the housing, go to radio shack and buy a 12V led, a 330 ohm resistor and some solder. solder the resistor to the longer wire from the led and stick it into the housing, it will be loose but you can fill the void with hot glue. then just hook it up like the origional would be. the side with the resistor will be your positive side.I have no pics, wish I would have taken some now ::)

Hope I helped

Mad Mike