Stock injectors for an '88

ScottyUndersteer

No injectors but a question for if you don't mind. I have trilogies as well, and would like to hear what you are experiencing with them. Thanks.

Idle is a bit rough but no codes to show for it. Partial throttle is fine to redline if I stay out of boost. WOT is quite strong and smooth until around 4k to 4.5k (depending on if the car is heat soaked and what the ambient air temp is), then it stumbles.

There's also gas finding it's way into my crankcase. From my understanding, the trilogy injectors are just 2 sizes of Delphi injectors made for MPI applications. The spray pattern is very narrow (20 to 30 deg fan) as compared to the stock injectors (70 to 80 deg) which results in crummy atomization, incomplete burning, then gas puddles around the intake valves and subsequently finds its way down to the bottom end.

Word of warning...I'm no expert and this is all a regurgitation of my own research.

Hmmm. Thanks Scotty. I have a touch of stumble at low rpm, but good otherwise. Good luck sir.

Is your setup stock or close to it? Also have you had any issues with them in the past? Possibly I'm over-looking something simple?

Edited by ScottyUndersteer