Repair/Remedy for cracks on Air Diversion Panel (under front air dam)

I have cracks in my OEM Air Diversion panel (the thin, black plastic piece that goes under the front air dam). As you can see by the pic attached, there is a crack through the center bolt hole and around that area.

Any suggestions for the best way to repair this? I was told JB Weld is too brittle. Another member suggested that there was some type of special flexible tape that would be best, but he couldn't recall the name.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

post-26598-0-02030100-1438204651_thumb.jpg

Edited by ghengber

ok I'm gonna let out a secret... fiberglass cloth and superglue. Sand the broken area and clean with alcohol. place some masking tape on the back side of the break. cut some pieces of the cloth 2 or 3 should do. each one should be a little bigger than the first. the first should just cover the crack. Round is good. no square edges.

PUT on some latex gloves...

apply super glue to the part and place the smallest repair ply (fiberglass) to the crack. make sure the cloth is ssaturated and do the same for the other plies. use your finger to smooth the cloth (with glove on) it should take a little for the glue to dry. once dry. remove the tape and repeat on the other side.

sand lightly on the edges to remove any rough areas. paint if you wish. done.

and if it has a screw hole either use a drill in reverse and clean up the edges with an exacto blade. or use the exacto blade to make the hole.

Edited by 87redcat