engine and transmission - west Houston (Katy)

kenzie

I have a running 2.6 turbo engine and transmission out of a 1986 conquest.

Currently in car and if you are local or want to take a look at it before buying you can.

I bought the car in December 2013 and have put maybe 300 miles on it. The transmission was just rebuilt before I bought the car costing the previous owner $1500 to have rebuilt.

Motor runs but has an issue I am having trouble figuring out, I bought the car with intention of swapping and am tired of working on the stock motor.

I believe it runs rich. The manifold will get red hot. I had the injectors tested and can get you that info. Came back leak free but one has a straight stream. Purchased two new injectors from fuelinjectorclinic.com and it won't idle. Put the original ones back in and it starts and idles fine. IDK

New distributor, had manifold professionally welded up due to cracks,

3 inch downpipe

PM me an offer, honestly I am not sure what I should get out of all of this.

Don't really want to separate engine and tranny but might sell downpipe and injectors separate.

For pickup preferred.

Can help ship it if needed but of course added cost to you for that. My work ships heavy items a lot so might have a better price on that but I would need to ask them what that price is.

Ask any questions you want.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How much are you looking to get for your complete motor? I am also looking for the ECU and harness if you have that to go with? Let me know, I'm in DFW area and would be coming to you to pick up. Thanks!

Lee