W.T.B. 88-89 Conquest Red w/blk interior

MAZZERR

I sold my first beauty to some random guy with 15 posts and 2 months later get a letter in the mail that the car was abandoned with a blown motor and the mint 3 piece airdam destroyed. The police wanted me to pay for towing bc he never registered the car in his name. Another clean rust free quest in the crusher.

No not all people are like that but im not going to take that chance with an 89 starion. Sorry

I sold my first beauty to some random guy with 15 posts and 2 months later get a letter in the mail that the car was abandoned with a blown motor and the mint 3 piece airdam destroyed. The police wanted me to pay for towing bc he never registered the car in his name. Another clean rust free quest in the crusher.

No not all people are like that but im not going to take that chance with an 89 starion. Sorry

• Like 1

His post count showed I cant trust him. Someone who has been a member here as long as me has earned my trust. I guess all im saying is I dont trust people I dont know. Not sure how this became an arguement. Either way Im not trusting my baby around strangers

I could understand your position if you were letting someone drive your personal car, but when you are selling it?? Why would you really give a flying fart about who buys it? It's a car, and if you loved it so much you wouldn't be selling it in the first place. Just my opinion, of course. I am not judging.

On the other hand, I would be pissed if the police called me about a car I sold a few months prior wanting me to pay for something......

I have to chime in, I only to increase my postings....lol. Everybody has a right to feel anyway they want, I have no issues with anyone's love for their car. No offense, but I prefer Conquests anyway simply because that's what I purchased brand new in 1988. I just sent payment to DSM for the second purchase since this posting and can't wait to get Moto's Auto soon....lol. I think I'm all good for now and yes they will all stay in 55 degree 50% humidity storage Forever!!!!! Just like a few dozen other Matchboxes......when Ryan drops off his car later this week I will get some photos up here.

For now happy new year to all and thank you to all who helped me find these three cars.

Most of the people that have been here 10 years I know personally and I have met many in person. If they have been here 10 years they will prob be here 10 more years and have true love and respect for these cars

Well, that's why I am here. When I want a car I will look around on the internet forums first because usually the forum members take better care of their stuff than the general public. They are just like you in that they baby their vehicles and really take care of them. They are generally the best people to buy from if you want a car that has been really pampered. Of course, there are always exceptions.....

I have been lurking around this site, learning about these cars, for almost 3 years but I only have a 36 post count. I read a lot more than I write.....So, would you sell me your car? Probably not because of my low post count. That sucks, but I guess I would have to give my money to someone else.

I prob wouldnt sell to you unless someone I know vouched for you. No offense. Im not hard up for the money nor do I need to sell the car. If someone I didnt know offered me a crazy amount of cash for it I could easily look the other way. Give me 15k and ill let you take the car to the demo derby. Lol. Everyone has a price

• 2 weeks later...

It sucks joining a forum as a "noob". The perception is you know nothing and are of limited value. The thing about the Internet is you never know. I joined a bike site & was treated that way until I posted a rebuild thread on a bike, and then I was compared to Chuck Yeager.

I don't think anyone selling a car they like/liked wants to see it get trashed right away.

You likely could have recovered the last one by paying the tow fee & getting a duplicate title. Cheap way to get a car IMO. :)

Anyhow, with almost 9 years & a few posts here, I'll ask if the red '89 has working AC? If my car sells this week (accepted an offer today, but no money as yet), I'll be ready to buy next week as soon as the check clears.

If it is a rare car I could understand not wanting to sell it to just anyone. I have a red/blk 89 auto not really mint though. Are 89's rare or something? I looked at wikepedia and it looks like the production numbers are way low. I assume staions are even rarer. far as newb status that sucks too Edited by cheesey

At this point I think I am all set, thanks to all that helped. I would be looking only for one specific car in the future. 1988 Conquest only, red/black, full leather, Automatic, non SHP with a sunroof. Any leads would be appreciated...