anyone have pics or good description of visual difference of 86 vs later model MAS?

boostintsi

Recently sold mas airflow that came off of my 86 quest(may of 86). Buyer just disputed saying I sent the wrong mas, says I sent one for 87-89. Now I know the mas I sent him was what was on my 86 when I bought it, just curious if you guys have a photo reference or plug ID on the differences so I can determine if I made a mistake unknowingly or if possibly buyer has an 86 that was manufactured after October which would technically be an 87. I don't want to screw anyone and I just want to make sure I know what I sold him, guess I should've done this first but I am one hundred percent sure that this particular mas was on my car when purchased. I swapped to Megasquirt shortly after getting the car and can't find my old ecu to verify the car had an 86 ecu when I aquired. that is the only way possible I sent out the wrong part I guess. Any help is appreciated. Thanks guys

Kyle

Wow and you said you sent me an 86 mass

Made a whole post telling people to beware of me

And here you are asking for help, after you told everyone you sent me an 86 mass and that maybe I have an 87

Your a real douch bag...I have copied this whole post and use it in my dispute

I posted this to be sure I sent you the correct mas. I also had a mas off an 88 sitting and wanted to make sure I didn't mistakenly send you that one. The one I have here has a square 6 pin connector and the one I sent you was pulled off my 86 boxed and labeled. go ahead, call me names over an internet message board your only describing yourself. Merry Christmas
  • Like 1

86 is the round plug. So far I haven't heard of that many in year changes in Starquests, other than possibly some 86 having coding allowing them to run on MAP only and of course the 85.5 widebody cars. When I call to source parts for the Lotus the parts suppliers want to take the car down to the day it came out of the factory because things changed constantly. Even then I'm sometimes told that they "think" a certain part goes on my car and they ask me to report back.

As said in other threads 86's can be retrofitted to the newer MAS. Probably a good idea if you don't care about being all original, as the 86 MAS is harder to source.

But it sounds like both parties need to turn it down a notch and just find a solution. Stuff gets messed up time to time. People get confused or mistaken. Give people the benefit of the doubt that they aren't trying to screw you and work it out with them. Fact is most people are honest; Such a huge percentage that I've only ever felt screwed once in 15 years of buying stuff online. On a small purchase like this work it out, without losing you ability to treat each other like humans. It seems this went to fangs really fast. The fact is neither of you have skipped out, You both just went to blows without much discussion. A report got filed, a thread got opened and fists started flying.

Yeah it sucks to be out money, but the is the car game. I say work it out so it is the best even solution between the 2 of you. If you can't stand possibly losing something on a deal than you probably need to move to a new Toyota Corrola; An old car that relies on used parts and these kids of set backs could not be the right fit. On the sellers side, you should probably avoid public threads as well if the issue hasn't been made public by the buyer.

I haven't heard anything in this dispute that is worth the fight either. It sounds like a simple mistake happened somewhere. Perhaps a change made by a PO of either "86", or someone could be unsure of their car's year. It happens. Recognize mistakes happen and figure out where that mistake was made. And even if it was on the buyers end the seller could have asked for a picture. If I were the buyer I'd send the part back and just ask for a refund of my purchase; I'd eat the return shipping. Commonly I give the buy a few more $s then asking price simply so the seller can understand my good will and perhaps have a beer on me. If things don't turn out well I expect they'll remember that sign of good will.

Always remember, no one here is big-pimping on 'Quest parts. We all want to keep these old cars on the road.

Sorry to go so off topic, but I just got into a flow.